We are looking for a Customer Operations Analyst (The final title will be Customer Operations Associate or Manager based on experience) to be based in either our NY or Chicago office. This position is dedicated to making our customer care operation a world-class organization. He or she understands the metrics that matter (operational metrics, financial metrics, performance metrics) and finds new and better ways to deliver a great customer experience to customers. The Manager has a full understanding of how customers interact with Travelzoo across all our products, platforms and service channels, and can transform customer feedback into actionable insights to drive business process improvements. Improving the customer experience takes on many forms – from reducing the return rate, to implementing new products, to introducing new channels for customer support to reducing contacts – and in the end, it is all about making it easier for customers to do business with us. Position reports to the Senior Vice President, Customer Service, supporting customer service in North America and Europe. Position is located in New York or Chicago. Some travel is required.
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives that drive revenue and customer satisfaction
- Uses voice of the customer data from various sources to turn information into insights (what do customers want and need?). Collaborates with others to deliver results.
- Supports product development and/or implementation of new products and features on our website, mobile and back office platforms and new service channels.
- Budget tracking and financial performance reporting
- Delivers operational metrics reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly) with analysis and call center forecasting
- Special projects, as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3-5 years working in customer service, consumer affairs or a contact center
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic and motivated to contribute.
- Highly attentive to detail and follow-through, with strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, expert-level Excel skills and a facility for numbers - you know how to get around a spreadsheet
- Excellent good communication skills, both written and verbal, and a knack for negotiation and compromise
- Loves customers, is open-minded, and not afraid to pick up the phone to work through a problem or opportunity
- Flexibility, adaptability and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced production environment
- Top salary
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) plan
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
- Ask about the Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees