Travelzoo Inc. is currently seeking outstanding candidates to build out its Analytics and Insights team. The position will be based at Travelzoo’s Mountain View, California office.
- Collaborate with Travelzoo business lines across geographies to define and scope analysis to pressing performance and business issues, requiring data and analysis.
- Understand, prioritize and capture data and analysis requirements based on business context. Work with VP of Analytics to structure analysis and recommendations and further analysis.
- Create, run ad hoc SQL queries to extract data, analyze data used to generate insights for key business or product issues. Extract data for analysis from existing tables and BI environment.
- Become expert and own our Web Analytics platform. Configure web analytics events, goals and settings. Work with the business users to analyze and understand key trends and KPIs.
- Work with Product Development Managers to structure A|B test for new product features.
- Working with PDMs, evaluate product performance pre and post go-live and identify improvement opportunities.
- Conduct tool selection and evaluations to improve our analytics and BI capabilities.
- Define and capture new reporting requirements or modifications to existing reports. Work with developers to facilitate and test modifications. Train super users.
- Collaborate with Database Engineers for very complex queries and ETL processes.
- Assist in data modelling, working with Data Architects to build and enhance our data warehouse environments and data marts.
- Create and modify queries and visual reports in our BI (Oracle), portal (Msft Sharepoint) and other environments to generate insights.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical methods including hypothesis testing and regression analysis and tests for significance. Able to interpret results of regression analysis.
- Some proficiency in SQL skills
- Prior data and analysis experience in the area of Customer Analytics, Marketing Analytics and Inventory/Yield management in a consumer oriented online web environment is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with ability to distill complex data and concepts and explain/discuss in a simple manner.
- Team player and a sense of humor
- Past consulting skills is desired, a plus
- Top salary
- Performance Bonus
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Exciting and fast paced work environment
- Ask about the Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees