The Associate Editor, Social Media & Website role will manage content programming across Travelzoo's website, as well as the company’s social media channels, primarily Twitter and Facebook. This role is focused on making our deals and high-quality experiences available to our 26 million subscribers through media other than email.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and hands-on editor who is obsessed with optimizing published content across regional websites and social channels, while supporting our publishing and production teams in North America. This role will ensure that Travelzoo content is surfaced and selected to highlight outstanding deals to subscribers across various platforms.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- 3+ years in producing and managing digital content.
- Track record of strong “news” judgment of placing content in the appropriate placements for optimal exposure.
- Ownership of home page deal selection on regional Travelzoo.com sites.
- Proven ability to represent the brand – through deal selection, voice, style and overall presentation.
- Social media fluency, beyond just having a personal Facebook page or Twitter account.
- Lead daily support and monitoring of Travelzoo social accounts, including content optimization for hotel, vacation, airfare, cruise, entertainment and local deals.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple accounts, including local Twitter feeds.
- Evaluated based on engagement and purchasing metrics, with a focus on optimizing content appropriate to each channel. Follower growth, follower engagement and purchases will be among areas for evaluation.
- Carefully tracking and monitoring reports to determine which types of content play best in each channel, and to different regions.
- Weekly reporting on best content through Google Analytics and other tools.
- Relentless and resourceful toward making Travelzoo’s social experience seamless and addictive for users.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience (and passion) in the travel or local industry is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail in all that you do
- Superior organization and multitasking skills
- Familiarity with Facebook and Twitter front-end user experience
- Familiarity or capability to quickly learn Hootsuite or similar social media platform
- Proven capability to drive viral content, and optimize content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proactive, self-starter
- Top salary
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) plan
- Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
Ask about the Travelzoo Experience, a unique benefit for Travelzoo employees