Project Director – Emerging Services
Seeking Dynamic Education Leaders!
TNTP seeks a Project Director for the Emerging Services department. Both full-time and project-based opportunities are available immediately. This position will require occasional travel and can be based from a home office anywhere in the United States.
Who We Are
TNTP strives to end the injustice of educational inequality by providing excellent teachers to the students who need them most and by advancing policies and practices that ensure effective teaching in every classroom. A national nonprofit organization founded by teachers, TNTP is driven by the knowledge that effective teachers have a greater impact on student achievement than any other school factor. In response, TNTP develops customized programs and policy interventions that enable education leaders to find, develop and keep great teachers.
Teachers are professionals and should be treated that way. The Emerging Services department works to research, design, and deploy new services and solutions that address our clients’ Human Capital needs. Projects may include partnering with school districts and Charter Management Organizations (CMOs) to: diagnose whether/not they are maximizing their people and financial resources, design new school and district models to support effective teaching, and develop career progression models that recognize success in the classroom and offer teachers meaningful opportunities for career advancement.
Who We Want
TNTP pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in public education every day, and we seek candidates who share our vision of ending educational inequality. Our employees are confident, dynamic, and dedicated to overcoming incredible challenges in order to achieve remarkable results. More than a job, working at TNTP is a commitment. Every job is essential, and every employee’s contributions and ideas are integral to our success.
The Project Director will partner with our clients to design and implement customized solutions to challenges that school districts and CMOs face. Specific project assignments vary in scope, duration, and depth – but all will require the Project Director to independently tackle complex challenges with innovative and nuanced solutions and persuade district and CMO leaders to embrace radically different ways of working.
We are looking for an articulate, compelling education leader who is motivated by a vision of reform that positions schools and districts, particularly those serving the highest-need students, to support student achievement above all. The successful candidate will bring confidence and credibility to their ideas by basing solutions in thoughtful rationale and keen analysis, ultimately resulting in change that positions schools as thriving organizations that support effective teaching and strong student outcomes.
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with the potential for a performance based bonus, a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and the free exchange of feedback, a comprehensive benefits plan effective on the first day of employment – including low cost medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, a 403(b) plan with employer match – as well as the opportunity to influence the direction of a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to the success of our nation’s children. For more information on TNTP’s competitive benefits package, please visit http://tntp.org/join/our-benefits/.
• The ability to critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including experience working with qualitative and quantitative data and budgets/financial models
• Strong creative instincts to develop new approaches, programs or initiatives with limited guidance and historical precedent
• Significant experience with client management, preferably experience working closely with senior district officials
• Excellent project management skills, the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
• Strong commitment to urban education issues required. Experience working in a K-12 school, urban school district or Charter Management Organization preferred.
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Very strong public presentation skills, including the ability to provide compelling, detailed, data-driven answers to questions posed in public forums
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders and across organizations
• Experience managing and developing staff
To apply, please submit your resume and tailored cover letter and specify your preference for full-time or project-based work via our online application (below).
We review applications on a rolling basis – so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to the Human Capital department. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. TNTP is committed to fostering and capitalizing on the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. If you would like to learn more about TNTP, please visit www.tntp.org.