Ross Technologies, Inc. (RTGX) is a growing global IT solutions company. Our customers include the Department of Defense, The Department of State, State and Local Government and Commercial customers. We strive to allow our employees to meet their full human potential by providing career opportunities that challenge and maximize the limits of existing skill sets while as needed continuing to invest in our employee’s growth through training. We not only seek candidates that can adequately fill our available positions but, we seek out positions that meet our employees expectations, often moving them across contracts into progressively more responsible positions directed towards their career goals. I think you will find RTGX a refreshing change from the typical Defense Contractor. Thank you and referrals are always appreciated so feel free to share our opportunities. EOE
** When applying to this position, PLEASE ensure your resume speaks to the specific duties and requirements of the description. This will increase your chances for an interview.
Provides the Tier 3 support and serves on the front line as technical personnel on the System Administration team. Provides administrative support of UNIX systems. Duties include installing the operating system, managing the configurations, managing the ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring the status of all systems and applications, etc. Duties also include supporting installed applications and network services (NIS, DNS, LDAP, etc.). Serves as the senior level System Administrator.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
In the IT system administration field, the individual shall possess at least: Eight (8) yrs and no degree; OR Six (6) yrs and a relevant Associates Degree; OR Four (4) yrs and a relevant Bachelors Degree; OR Four (4) yrs and a relevant Masters Degree
Relevant Degrees: Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems
Relevant Certificates: Must have a RedHat Certification
Individual shall have experience in writing shell scripts (e.g., Shell and PERL) to automate administration functions and to parse files
Individual shall be technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX (both at a physical and virtual environment)
Individual shall have at least one (1) year experience as a system administrator for the Red Hat Linux operating system
Individual shall possess the ability to work from a Command Line Interface (CLI)
The individual shall comply with the Certification Requirements detailed in DoD 8570-M, IAT Level 3 (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA).
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science (BS) from an accredited college or university in System Engineering (SE), Computer Science (CS), Information Systems (IS), or Engineering Science, is required.
Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Why Work For RTGX?
An Atmosphere of Growth
- As a company that thrives on advising our clients on how to see and implement technology and business solutions using the best available practices and techniques, it is important that our most valuable asset, our employees, get access to the training needed to keep them at their most fit when it comes to skills. By the way, we also provide discounts to health clubs and other health oriented activities for our employees. Yep, its about physical fitness as well at RTGX.
And We Also Have Fun!
- RTGX is a company that gives out on the spot bonuses as part of our "We See you Awards". As a company with employees located from Hawaii to the Netherlands we work hard and constantly search out our employees that are giving the best of their talents and dedication to our customers around the globe. Employees can earn gift certificates from American Express, Cash and other incentives. They can be nominated by a customer or a fellow employee at RTGX. There are many other incentive plans available that allow employees to earn over and above their base compensation.
- Employee's have access to tickets to sporting events and concert or theater tickets. Our company outings include Hawaiian Luaus on the beach to some of the most entertaining and diverse corporate functions.
- We appreciate that our employees get better with age and issue a Birthday gift catalog from which you can pick your own gift.
Work / Life Balance
We strive to integrate an element of fun and work life balance into our corporate culture for our employees and their families. To that end, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- PAID TIME OFF
- COMPANY PAID HOLIDAYS
- 401K PLAN
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES
- REWARD AND RECOGNITION PROGRAMS
- CELEBRATE!--EMPLOYEE BIRTHDAY RECOGNITION
- EDUCATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT & COMPANY PAID TRAINING
- CORPORATE WELLNESS
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- LIFE INSURANCE AND PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
- DISABILITY INSURANCE—Company Paid
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- MEDICAL, VISION and DENTAL BENEFITS!