Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
OUR CONSTRUCTION TEAM
NORESCO’s Federal Construction Group manages the design/build construction activities for large government institutions and facilities. Our construction management teams develop the scopes of work, project schedules and budgets, conduct customer meetings, maintain project records, hire and manage subcontractors on the job sight. Successful projects take dedication and commitment to customer satisfaction and safety.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Construction Project Manager in Chicago, IL.
Project Management is performed at the project sites and NORESCO expects project managers to be on-site during the majority of the workweek. We’re looking for Project Managers that have experience working in and around occupied buildings with strengths in MEP systems.
The project development activities of the Senior Project Manager (SPM) are in support of the project development team and include performing surveys, estimating costs, value engineering, subcontractor/vendor solicitation and developing a construction budget.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position.
- Support the site investigation activity and provide cost estimates for initial cost/savings analysis of all potential energy conservation measures (ECMs) being considered
- Evaluate equipment and design recommendations from the project team to confirm that the design concepts can be implemented cost effectively
- Prepare vendor and subcontractor bid documents for obtaining multiple proposals (for each work package)
- Prepare a construction budget including all subcontractor, vendor and internal direct costs, mark-up and miscellaneous contingencies
- Craft detailed scopes of work
- Develop and implement a site-specific safety plan and to manage projects with a safe work environment in which there are no lost time accidents
- Manage the project team by obtaining input, assigning tasks and tracking action items to ensure quality control and effectively constructing, commissioning and closing out projects on time
- Manage all subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality control, cost control and adhesion to agreed schedule
- Prepare accurate, timely and detailed monthly project status reports. Reports will include a description of work completed to date, the work schedule going forward, deviations from the previous report, subcontractor change orders and customer issues and/or project scope changes
- Review and approve all expenditures for assigned projects on a monthly basis and to ensure that all invoice/applications for payment have an accurate and detailed schedule of values, and are in accordance with purchase order, and subcontract terms and conditions are processed (approved/authorized) in a timely manner
- Regularly update project schedules and prepare project management correspondences and document all aspects of the implementation phase including customer meeting minutes, team assignments/action item tracking, letters, memorandums, transmittals and RFIs
- Must be able to work at remote locations with as much as 100% overnight travel. • Must possess adequate means of transportation to and from local jobsites (within driving distance)
The following experience and attributes are preferred for this position.
- Strong background in the management of projects involving mechanical, electrical and building automation system design and installation
- Able to demonstrate their ability to manage a multi million-dollar project portfolio and a team made up of Project Managers, Design Engineers, Operations and Maintenance, Measurement and Verification and Commissioning Engineers/Technicians as well as Administrative staff, Field Installers, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Should have at least five (5) years work experience in project development and implementation of Design-Build construction and energy saving measures
- Should have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or another technical field related to construction or the energy savings industry. Ten (10) years work experience in accordance with item #3 can be substituted for this requirement
- Should possess basic computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
NORESCO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D.
NORESCO maintains a drug free workplace.