Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
Our Measurement and Verification Team:
NORESCO’s Measurement and Verification (M&V) Group is responsible for the measurement and verification of energy, cost, and maintenance savings generated by our performance contracting projects. The group’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: data collection, measurements, and analyses to establish baseline energy performance of our customers’ facilities; the preparation and implementation of M&V plans to determine project performance; ongoing measurements and analyses to verify post-construction savings; the preparation of periodic reports to our customers; and the management of customer relationships during our projects’ performance periods. By measuring and verifying the energy, cost, and maintenance, savings generated by NORESCO’s projects, the M&V team gives NORESCO’s customers both quantitative proof as well as peace of mind that their projects are performing as expected.
We have an immediate need for a Sr. Energy Engineer in Massachusetts.
As a Sr. Energy Engineer for our M&V Group, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Develop and implement measurement and verification (M&V) plans for energy savings performance contracting projects at universities, hospitals and municipal, state and federal government facilities.
- Work with project developer and senior project engineer to develop ECM specific M&V approach. Evaluate project performance risk, review final M&V plans and develop construction and service phase M&V budgets.
- Coordinate post-installation and annual M&V data collection requirements with Design, Construction, Commissioning and M&V Specialists.
- Supervise baseline and post-installation data collection, including trend data from building automation systems, field performance tests, short term monitoring and power measurements.
- Diagnose performance issues.
- Provide technical assistance with ongoing review of data from energy management systems, including troubleshooting, diagnostics, and energy savings analysis.
- Review annual reports prepared by M&V Specialists.
This is our preferred background for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field is required.
- At least 7+ years of experience in energy efficiency or performance contracting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, math and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable:
Energy analysis of building systems, including HVAC systems, chillers, boilers, and variable speed drive applications.
Field measurements, including data loggers, power and liquid flow.
- Commissioning of energy efficiency projects.
- FEMP M&V Guidelines, ASHRAE Guideline 14, and/or IPMVP.
- Building automation systems and energy management and control systems.
NORESCO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
NORESCO maintains a drug free workplace.