As a member of the cinematics department for Guild Wars 2, you will create visually striking cinematics and other marketing assets, working in concert with our cinematics team, Art Director, development and marketing team.
With multiple gaming awards such as: 2012 Time Magazine’s #1 Game of the year, Gamespot’s PC game of the year and countless other awards to their name, this multi-award winning business employs about 300 people and is taking the MMO gaming world by storm. With 3 Million players and growing since launch, this is a fantastic opportunity to take the art team to the next level by growing Guild Wars 2 worldwide success.
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality animated cinematics
- Build and incorporate 2D/3D art assets into a visually cohesive, stylish presentation
- Follow the schedules set by the creative director and project management
- Work within the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform
- Take direction in style and technique, and work cooperatively, having your work handled by other team members
- Proactively seek feedback from the art director and creative director to establish style and mood
- Solid knowledge of After Effects and industry standard plugins such as the Trapcode Suite
- Background or experience in motion graphics, editing, or cinematography
- Experience in a 3D package such as Maya or C4D
- Understanding basic animation principals
- Proficiency in Photoshop required
- Willing and able to work closely with artists, game designers, programmers, production and marketing personnel
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Drawing/digital painting
- Video Production
- 3D modeling and Texturing
- Game Capture
- Experience working in the video game industry
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work. Please include links to your current portfolio or demo reel when applying.