2015- 16 NCAA Postgraduate Internship Information
Salary and Benefits
- Interns are paid annualized salaries of $24,000* in accordance with the NCAA national office’s biweekly payroll,
- Interns are provided benefits, to include:
- Ten days of annual leave
- Five sick days
- Individual health and dental insurance
- Disability and accident insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
*$24,000 = $923.07 (gross) per pay period for 26 pay periods; the internship lasts for 25 pay periods, so the salary is equivalent to $23,076.92.
The online will be available Monday, August 25. The deadline to apply is Monday, October 20, 2014.
- Only completed applications (including two digital letters of recommendation from endorsers, uploaded to the application prior to submission) will be considered for review. A completed application includes:
- A cover letter highlighting relevant work experience and activities;
- A resume (uploaded in the job application);
- Completion of three screening questions;
- Two endorsers, with names, titles and contact information listed; and
- Two letters of reference. (One from each of the endorsers.)
- All applications and documents must be received through the application/online. NO documents will be accepted via email, mail and/or fax.
- NOTE: Due to the volume of applications, the NCAA does not provide updates on the individual status of a candidate's application.
- The NCAA Postgraduate Internship program has a selection committee comprised of NCAA national office staff members from each of the different position areas.
- After reviewing complete applications the process is as follows:
- A search committee member from each position area will select candidates for a phone screen. (December 9, 2014)
- After the phone screen, candidates will be selected to move to an in-person interview in Indianapolis. (February 23-24, 2015)
- Final intern selections are completed. (March 13, 2015)
- Selected interns come to Indianapolis for a house hunting trip. (April 13-15, 2015)
- The 2015-16 intern class will begin on Monday, June 15, 2015.
If you already have a profile set up in Taleo, you will need to:
- Type in your username and password in the "Previous Applicants"
- Select "add to my jobs" link to fill out the complete NCAA Application.