You made it: Here’s the application for your opportunity!
Just to recap, the Summer Associate Program:
- Is a 10-week paid program for recent college grads
- Focuses on emerging media
- Gives you an inside look at the media/entertainment biz
- Supports properties including MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and tons more!
Your skills, experience and interests could land you in departments including:
- Digital Marketing
- Web Production/Project Management
- Web Development
- Product Development
- Digital Research, Sales and Business Development
- Competitive weekly salary
- Paid housing for program duration
- Invaluable industry experience
- Networking opportunities
- Executive mentor
- Business and leadership training
- Group project and presentation to company executives
The Viacom Summer Associate Program was created to support the company's diversity initiative, so we encourage candidates from every background to apply. The Viacom Summer Associate Program does not guarantee employment before, during or at the conclusion of the program.
- Be in your last semester (or a recent graduate) of an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree program and receive your degree by the start of the Viacom Summer Associate Program
- Be available for full-time employment from Thursday, June 5, 2014 through Friday, August 15, 2014
- Be dedicated to pursuing a career in the media/entertainment industry, specifically within emerging media and technology
- Have previous internship or work-related experience within or strongly related to emerging media and technology
- Have involvement in extracurricular activities — preferably activities that demonstrate leadership qualities and achievements
- Have a minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
Once you go to the application page, you will be prompted to pick two out of three. Please write no more than 1,000 words per essay.
- What is it about the Viacom Summer Associate Program that attracts you? What experiences and/or qualities make you a competitive candidate for a program geared toward emerging digital media?
- What do you consider to be the most exciting recent technological innovation or web application? Discuss its effects on you and its broader potential.
- Describe your most meaningful accomplishment and how it relates to this program and your future career goals.
Please submit your complete application by Friday, January 10, 2014. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Viacom Summer Associate Program Timeline:
- Friday, January 10, 2014: A complete application must be received.
- January 2014: First round – selected candidates will be contacted to participate in a virtual interview.
- February–March 2014: Second round – interviews will be conducted in person at Viacom's headquarters in New York City.
- April 2014: Interviewed candidates will be notified of their status.
- June 2014: Viacom Summer Associate Program begins.
Once you've read the instructions above, completed the two required essay questions and have up-to-date versions of both your resume and college transcript (official OR unofficial), please apply below.