VH1 is seeking a social media director to lead strategy, design, programming and measurement for the VH1 family of brands - VH1, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and Palladia. This is a unique opportunity to use your experience executing social media for strong brands on an exciting, passionate, and award–winning team. This Director must have experience exhibiting the necessary skills of the social discipline. This position requires a person that is a relationship builder (both internal and external), brand champion, agency facilitator, and an opportunist that helps grow the business. In addition, this individual must demonstrate experience with the following skills - project management, scope management, risk management and team management. Finally, you must be extraordinarily passionate about creating branded solutions that are social by design.
- Build and develop a social team that is known throughout the industry for breakthrough planning and execution.
- Lead social strategic initiatives across the VH1 family of brands and shows.
- Lead VH1 in seeking social business solutions, including post-project measurement, social solutions, social media, social advocacy and conversation impact.
- Manage both brand and show social media planning, design and implementation.
- Build and execute groundbreaking digital campaigns, partnerships and content.
- Accurately manage resources, budgets, and timelines across multiple projects and ensure all goals are regularly met and exceeded.
- Align social media recommendations with planned or existing creative and media campaign.
- Develop ongoing community maintenance and management policies and procedures.
- Identify the appropriate social media vendors and agencies, if and when appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional constituents (e.g. Digital, Creative, Consumer Marketing, Press) to lead the development of social media programs and strategies.
- Hold ultimate accountability for the results of your team’s social media campaigns.
- Advocates for the social team internally, and keeps the team informed, focused and enthused about the work and the business.
- Develops in-depth business and reporting as well as comprehensive social ROI analysis.
- Challenges direction, or the status quo, and proactively seeks alternate perspectives and approaches in developing effective social strategies
- Collaborate with development and planning teams to design social integration for shows.
- Collaborate with Press on driving publicity for brands and shows.
- Support Digital on cross brand initiatives, driving site traffic and app downloads.
- Partner with Sales + Integrated Marketing to develop sellable Social experiences, convergent executions…
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide insight about relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations.
- Implement a variety of plans including WOM, influencer and owned community engagement (including blogger relations and content seeding) as well as the socialization of web 2.0 websites.
- 5-7 years experience in social media strategies and campaign coordination.
- College Degree
- Passionate for today's trends on social media, social networking, and social CRM, user generated content and web 2.0 evolutions.
- Expertise selecting, managing and scoping vendor relationships.
- Experience managing and building teams, including reporting and professional development.
- A test-and-learn mentality, with a willingness to learn from mistakes and move forward.
- Self-starter, willingness if necessary to jump in to get the job done, and gains satisfaction from seeing results.
- Able to lead, contribute and manage details of a strategic and efficient content management plan.
- Possess and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the dynamics and workings of the VH1 digital business
- Demonstrate knowledge of the overall social landscape and is a subject matter expert in planning and launching social media pages