This position will be responsible for the complete creative development of product submissions, licensed promotions and the generation of original creative assets for specific Canada, to further strengthen the brands and consumer relationship in this territory. The creative team vision is to be innovative brand developers providing creative solutions and support. They will report to the Creative Director of Nickelodeon and Viacom Consumer Products
- Reviewing and managing the product approval and licensed promotion submissions directly from external partners. Providing written feedback and supporting this with appropriate visuals or amended designs where appropriate. Directly returning all completed comments to all external partners.
- Working in review all pre-production submissions, referring to original comments made, ensuring all requested changes have been implemented and the finished quality of the product is of a high standard. Then complete approval comments on Tracker and return to the relevant partner.
- Initiate creative development meetings with specific partners to discuss the brands, assets available, submissions process, creative and innovative branding ideas.
- Planning regular updates with the agents and local licensees when necessary. Where possible, meeting with our major licensees and their product designers to work through existing ranges, discussing sales figures, determine which designs work best from a sales POV. Overall achieving a better business understanding and working relationship between the Creative Team and the partner to ensure future comments are as relevant as possible.
- Assist in the organisation of local licensee ‘summits’. Developing creative presentations and presenting at these summits when required.
- Ensure the smooth running of the approval process, and continually identifying where improvements in process and communication can be made.
- Identifying the creative needs of specific territories. Working with the Creative Director to address these needs.
- Managing the distribution of creative assets to specific local territories, working closely with the Creative Director.
- Assist in the research of original creative projects.
- Working as part of the CP Brand Management Team to ensure creative development is in line with the brand strategies at the local territory level.
- To contribute to the development of the business strategies, and identifying new innovative creative / business opportunities for our properties in Canada.
- Working closely with all members of the International CP team to ensure we understand and manage the business effectively.
- Internal: Business Teams, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Systems and International Product Development Teams.
- External: Agencies / Freelances.
- A commitment to constantly strive to improve creative development. Pushing the creative boundaries of traditional approaches to develop innovative, business relevant and original creative solutions for our brands.
- A strong decision maker.
- Can prioritize well, a good problem solver, manage a high pressure environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Approachable, well organized and practical.
- Initiative, diplomacy. “Can do” attitude and willing to support team.
- Flexibility, self motivated, ability to work independently
- Effective and confident communication skills, interpersonal and telephone skills
- A passion for children’s properties and developing ideas and aimed at our target audience.
- Excellent operating knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Microsoft office
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Licensing industry at all levels across international
- Thorough understanding of the N&VCP brands
- Possess a positive attitude and energetic approach to work.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and limitations