The Vice President of VH1 Brand Marketing and Planning will oversee in the vision, development and coordination of cross functional Consumer Marketing strategies for key show and tent pole priorities.
In this new role, the person is responsible for building the VH1 Brand through creation of a holistic, forward thinking, collaborative, strategic planning approach, designed to build brand value, improve perception and drive tune-in for key priorities.
He/she will work across various departments, building convergence into marketing strategies and plans,
helping to elevate the VH1 Brand and take it to the next level of innovative marketing .
- Work closely with the VP of Consumer Marketing, Strategy and Planning on the overall marketing plans for VH1 shows and Tent Pole priorities
- Oversee the strategy and development of cross functional marketing plans for VH1, working across teams to create a holistic, comprehensive and highly innovative plan for each show priority
- Act as the key point of accountability for each show and the core liason across relevant functional departments including: show creators, On Air, Digital, Social, Consumer Media, Promotions and Partnerships, Consumer Products, Press, Integrated Marketing, Affiliate and Programming
- Ensure all individual initiatives are aligned with show vision and the message is consistent across all internal and external platforms and communications, maximizing effectiveness and efficiency of combined efforts
- Understand, anticipate and strategically act on industry trends, competitive activity, viewer insights and ratings delivery to help inform overall marketing plans
- Pro-actively identify and gain agreement on coordination opportunities, promotion priorities and, break-through marketing ideas for the VH1 Brand
- Help the VH1 team maintain collaborative, positive relations across internal departments while ensuring that the show vision is adhered to
- Help define and understand the viewer we are targeting and the behavior we are trying to incent for each specific initiative- the right message to the right person at the right time
- Minimum 8-15 years in Brand and Consumer marketing roles
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate collaborative working relationships across all levels of the organization
- A decisive, inspirational leader with strong communication skills who can develop, “sell” and orchestrate a clear vision across an organization
- Demonstrated track record of creating and executing consumer marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, delivering the Brand in all formats to build awareness and drive tune-in