The Senior Editor, MTV Style, position sits within MTV.com production group. S/he leads production efforts from managing daily creation of content to long-term strategy and planning to grow traffic and maintain an active readership base.
The Senior Editor, MTV Style will work closely with the Editor-At-Large, MTV Style, and report to the Editorial Director who also serves as VP of Production for MTV Digital. S/he oversees a team of writers, producers, contributors and assistants and is the primary liaison between different departments both within the MTV Digital group and externally, including Video Production, Integrated Marketing, Press and Communications, Social Media and Marketing, Live Event Production, Series Development, Design, Technology, Ad Sales Production, Research, Business and Legal Affairs, Music & Talent, Music Strategy and Business Development.
- Identifying objectives and helping to shape the strategic direction of MTV Style
- Setting and managing the MTV Style editorial calendar and daily agenda
- Maintaining editorial voice and content quality
- Managing a team of external writers on a daily basis as well as an internal production and editorial team
- Conducting interviews with designers, stylists, and celebrity talent
- Generating original video concepts and working with Video Production team to produce finished packages
- Generating editorial concepts for sponsors upon request and working with Ad Sales Production to develop and execute these ideas
- Tracking and understanding the performance of editorial content based on research reports, audience engagement, and social media
- Build the MTV Style brand within MTV and the greater online community
- Developing ways to increase site traffic through SEO, SEM and social media best practices
- Assisting in developing the MTV Style brand across all platforms including social media, linear on-air, mobile, etc.
- Overseeing MTV Style social media strategy, including editorial direction, audience growth and engagement
- Spear-heading in-depth tentpole coverage including Fashion Weeks, Awards Season, MTV events and Sponsored programs
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in online media that includes managing a writing staff and creating digital content for a major entertainment and/or fashion brand.
- Must be is a fashion expert who has a background in covering celebrity fashion, shopping and beauty but is also equally well versed in all aspects of pop culture with a genuine interest in media and the evolution of technology and social networks.
- Must be a skilled, experienced online writer, interviewer and editor, who is as comfortable tracking down and reporting a breaking story as they are supervising multiple daily editorial posts, as well as bigger features and packages.
- Must be a creative individual who can conceive and develop ideas, from blog posts and photo galleries to extended video segments & series, and execute ideas quickly and on schedule. Ultimately, they are directly responsible for the quality of content on MTV Style, the success of the Style team, and the development and growth of the brand.