The position will provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support of the company's AS/400 infrastructure. The System Administrator will build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades. Must maintain a commitment to providing outstanding service to every customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Performs system administration - system installs, PTF deployment, software installation, configuration, custom development, and security
* Provides disaster recovery plan requirements
* Participates in specialized projects requiring technical research and/or vendor coordination
* Performs problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems
* Monitors system activity and tunes system parameters for optimum performance
* Provides technical assistance to other members of the IT organization
* Researches and recommends architecture layout and design for system computing platform to ensure availability, reliability, and recoverability
* Recommends software and hardware enhancements.
* Assists with the installation and administration of operating systems
* Takes part in developing, and ensures ongoing support of business strategies. Stays current with the latest industry technologies, trends, and issues
* Handles escalated incidents from the Service Desk
* Adheres to established timelines, guidelines, and procedures while utilizing Company tools as required to deliver quality solutions that meet company and departmental standards.
* Adheres to server policies, procedures and design documentation
* Maintains a flexible schedule to accomplish tasks
* Utilize strong analytical and technical skills
* Maintains a commitment to providing outstanding customer service to each customer
* Requires understanding of server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware, and security
* Understanding of network operating systems and applications required
* Must always be sensitive to availability, performance, data privacy, and security when performing job functions
* Requires knowledge of the OS/400 operating system and DB2 database
* Infor, iTera, Aldon, Robot applications
* Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks, while working within strict schedules
* Must be able to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, customers, and vendors
* Must be effective working on tasks as a team member as well as alone
* Typically requires 5 years of experience in the field
* Certifications include IBM Certified System Administrator
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms. Resume submissions from staffing agencies or search firms are accepted solely through the Human Resource Department at MTD Product Inc after an agreement has been signed by all parties. Resumes presented directly to hiring departments or managers are not accepted. Resume submissions where the individual has previously submitted his or her resume or application to MTD (via its website or otherwise) are not accepted from staffing agencies or search firms and will not be subject to a placement fee. The MTD careers internet site is for direct job applicants only and is not intended for use by organizations interested in doing business with MTD to submit information on services offered or applicant resumes. Any resumes or applications submitted by staffing agencies or search firms via the MTD careers internet site will be considered unsolicited resumes, and MTD will not be responsible for or pay any placement, referral or other fees in connection with any such submissions.