Purpose: The ideal candidate will lead the development, testing, and analysis of software programs and applications to support business requirements. This includes researching, documenting, and maintaining software changes, as well as resolving technical support issues. The candidate will follow approved life cycle methodologies, adhere to industry standard practices and procedures, and also guide the selection and development of new methodologies, where appropriate.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting environment learning some of the top technologies of today’s market including: WebSphere Portal for our B2B business, WebSphere Commerce for our B2C business, WebSphere Web Content Management, Web 2.0, CA SiteMinder and CA Identity Manager for our security infrastructure, Software AG webMethods for our Enterprise Service Architecture.
- Makes recommendations with respect to development methodologies and technology selection and usage.
- Interacts with business users and other IT team members to provide training and develop project implementation requirements.
- Works with the business and IT management to develop a thorough understanding of business project goals, priorities, challenges, and objectives.
- Leads specific internal team training initiatives to mentor less senior team members on best practices, techniques, and technologies.
- Takes a proactive approach with respect to managing and maintaining existing technology assets and development efforts.
- Actively stays current with new advances in the industry and contributes these findings from a strategic perspective.
- May be responsible for the oversight and work product of external resources, such as contractors and consultants, on an as-need basis.
- Responsible for the architecture, review, and ownership of deployment packages and processes.
- Ensures the reliability and success of deployment initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of team work products.
- Performs assigned project tasks in prioritized order to meet deadlines.
- Contributes to the design of software development specifications and programs to those specifications.
- Performs and leads troubleshooting efforts.
- Develops comprehensive tests to validate the correctness of programs and application features.
- Completes all assigned tasks on time, at the highest quality level, with the best value that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Adheres to best practices as defined by the company and by generally understood industry standards.
- Collaborates with the team and mentors team members, sharing knowledge and skills.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects and assignments and understands when and how to escalate issues.
- Maintains up-to-date technical documentation, as well as creates documentation of project work for business and IT.
- Supports and maintains company-developed technology assets, including source code, configuration files, deployment packages, and programs and applications deployed to production.
- Willingly takes ownership for work product.
- Works with Business Analysts to develop software development specifications.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Programming Frameworks: J2EE, Struts
- Development IDE: Eclipse or Rational Application Developer
- Database: Creating tables, procedures, triggers, indexes in either Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Applications Server: WebSphere Application Server 6.0 or higher
- Development Clients: Understands the nuances of web development for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
- Opportunity to work with any of the following technologies. Experience in these is not required:
- Programming Frameworks: Spring, Drools, Dojo, JQuery, Ajax, JSON
- Testing Framework: JUnit, knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Operating Systems: AIX, Linux
- Source Control: CVS, Subversion
- Development methodology: Agile
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB): Software AG webMethods
- Web Services: Development of the provider/consumer of a web service
- Security: CA SiteMinder and CA Identity Manager
- WebSphere Portal
- WebSphere Commerce
- IBM Web Content Management
- IBM Tivoli Directory Manager
- Mobile Web Development
- Ability to identify and make us of common Object Oriented design patterns
- Experience in delivering formal architectural and systems-level designs.
- Proactive work ethic.
- Team leadership skills.
- Experience in presenting and demonstrating solutions to clients.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced dynamic team-oriented environment with a proven track record of completing projects in a timely manner.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a similar IT-related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years recent experience with Java
- 5+ years recent experience in web development
Licenses or Certifications:
- Java/J2EE certifications a plus
- WebSphere Commerce or WebSphere Portal certifications a plus
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or mailed/faxed resumes unless specifically requested to do so in our online job posting. Resumes from recruiters or third party agencies are not accepted, either (unless there has been a prior written agreement to do so).
MTD Products, Inc is an equal opportunity employer