As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for core development of Millennial Media's ad and audience platforms. You will have broad exposure to a variety of modern technology paradigms, including high performance runtime and big data analytics systems. We look for highly motivated self-starters and provide an outstanding environment of growth and opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Making Millennial Media the best ad engine in the industry
- Contributing and being part of a team comprised of motivated, highly skilled individuals
- Contributing creative ideas and solutions to every part of the development life cycle
- Being involved in the mobile ad industry, including participating in blogging, social mediums, etc.
- All aspects of making Millennial Media successful
- Design and implementation of core Millennial Media components
- Looking for someone who understands what it means to be a team player with very strong communication
The Millennial Media technology stack consists of J2SE, Jetty, Tomcat/JSP, MySQL along with Spring, Struts, and Web Flow. Our platform consists of highly transactional, large scale, web service components and sophisticated web-based user interfaces. All components are written in Java.
In general, you need development exposure to the technology stack described above or a similar stack. (2 years) Below are some more specific requirements:
- 4+ Years of Java J2SE
- Practices TDD or is committed to unit testing (Junit/TestNG)
- Experience with DI frameworks like Spring or Guice
- RESTful web services
- Experience profiling and tuning Java applications
- Memcached or Couchbase
- Avro or Protocol Buffers
- Scribe or Flume
Qualities we are looking for include
- Top performer – exceed expectations in goals you have set for yourself
- Accountability – follow through with your commitments and ownership
- Creativity – think of new ways accomplish a task and challenge convention
- Fun – bring humor to the organization
- Hardworking – we have a lot left to accomplish. It will be a challenge.
- Mentally Malleable – you will constantly be learning new technologies, new concepts, new businesses.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt is a must.
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.