Thank you for your interest in MAR, Incorporated (MAR)! We are pleased that you are visiting our Careers page and have an interest in learning more about the employment opportunities within our firm.
System Administrator Level 3 (Linux/Unix) - Security Clearance Required
|Location:||Fort Meade, MD|
|# of openings:||2|
Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
Relevant Certification: At least one UNIX certification is required. Because some certification is mandatory, certification cannot be substituted for minimum requirements.
1. Provides the Tier 3 support and serves on the front line as technical personnel on the System Administration team.
2. Provides administrative support of UNIX systems. Duties include installing the operating system, managing the configurations, managing the ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring the status of all systems and applications, etc. Duties also include supporting installed applications and network services (NIS, DNS, LDAP, etc.).
3. Serves as the senior level System Administrator.
1. Eight (8) years experience in the IT systems administration field. (Relevant education may be applied to this requirement only.)
2. Experienced in writing scripts (e.g., Shell and PERL) to automate administration functions and to parse files.
3. Technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX (both in a physical and virtual environment).
4. At least one year experience as a system administrator for the Red Hat Linux operating system.
5. Ability to work from a Command Line Interface (CLI).
|Back to Search Results