MacNair Travel is a great place to work and is committed to being further recognized as such via Forbes Magazine's National Recognition program. We offer a unique "work hard-play hard" atmosphere committed to our core values of: Passionate - for life, learning, travel, delighting our customers and working together; Effective - in creating the extraordinary through standardizing, systemizing and communicating; Trustworthy - in being fair, clear, respectful and accountable to our customers and to one another.
If you are passionate effective and trustworthy, then send us your resume regardless of the position you require. We make room for A players.
Here is why our employees love being a part of our team:
1. Great pay, incentives and benefits! MacNair Travel provides a competitive benefits package for its employees with standard and leading-edge components. Included are: Health (HMO, POS & PPO options) and Dental Care, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Fixed and Floating Paid Holidays, Flex-Time, and Parking/Metro Assistance. Additionally 60% of MacNair's employees telecommute and all employees have the capability to work from home when necessary and/or more convenient. In addition, all employees can take advantage of industry perks (tickets, discounts, packages, FAM tours, etc) as they are made available.
2. Commitment to fair and clear performance management and development to ensure your growth and success.
3. Open communication regarding company goals, plans and investments.
4. Entrepreneurial spirit within a growing company that is part of the American Express Network.
5. Service Excellence delivered through clear systems and procedures that facilitate effective teamwork.
6. State of the art technology allowing full or part time work from home opportunities.
7. Company organized and informal social events make work fun.
8. Quality facilities and tools.
9. Growth and success.
So if you are looking for that great place to work that hasn't forgotten quality service, yet leverages technology, then we want you!
Combined Corp/Vac Travel Agent
||Alexandria - HQ
|# of openings:
Job Overview: MacNair Travel Management is seeking an accomplished combined Corporate/Vacation travel agent with a loyal customer following, in addition to serving MacNair's assigned accounts. This individual should have experience in the corporate and vacation arena who is ready to be responsible for creating customized full service travel solutions while building clients relationships to retain future business.
Background and Skill Set: Proven and demonstrated sales acumen that can combine a passion for selling travel with a customer service focused approach. Must have a minimum of 5 years industry knowledge and reservation skills in order to create successful corporate travel arrangements and memorable vacation packages.
Outstanding ability to build and maintain strong client relationships management system with both corporate and vacation clients.
Ability to prepare and deliver presentations, create proposals and negotiate contracts. Knows, understands, and properly represents: airline, hotel, car rental, cruise, and tour vendor terminology, codes, rules, tariffs, and inventory policies.
Expertise is required in planning, organizing and overseeing all leisure marketing and promotional activities. Need to aggressively pursue sales through innovative marketing. Superb presentation/communication skills, written/oral, and computer skills are essential for dealing with clients are required. Proficiency in MS office a must. Sabre experience preferred.
Compensation: Includes salary, commensurate with experience, and profit sharing bonus opportunities. MacNair offers an excellent benefits package: health, dental, short term disability/ long term disability, life insurance, 401 (k), Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid time off, paid holidays, and travel related benefits.
Applying: Qualified candidates should apply on line at www.macnairtravel.com
Location and Hours: MacNair's Old Town Alexandria, Virginia Headquarters location. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Successful candidates will work eight-hour shifts within that time frame.
Company: Since 1989, MacNair Travel Management has taken a proactive, consulting approach to the management of travel for corporations of all types and sizes (national Presidential campaigns and other political organizations, government contractors, trade associations, law and PR firms) and VIPs from around the globe. While the travel industry underwent major changes during the last 10 years, MacNair Travel Management continues to thrive on innovation, unparalleled customer services, and a passion for life, learning, travel, and delighting our customers. This success has been recognized through client retention, public appearances, and published works. We even wrote the book on travel management, Smooth Landings, which is now available on www.amazon.com.
MacNair surrounds itself with the best people and tools. From our active owners, amazing staff, to our dynamic management team with a wide variety of travel industry and business experience, we transform the way our customers approach and experience travel.
We are partnered with some of the best organizations in the business. We are an American Express Representative office, members of GBTA and ASTA, and are well networked around the region. We are recognized as active technology partners with Sabre, Get there, Cornerstone, Travcom, and more.
If you are interested in accelerating our and your momentum, want to be part of a recognized brand in the Washington area and soon to be nationally, and want to be part of a positive entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then we are looking for you.
|Back to Search Results