The 3D Construction Modeler supports the construction process through the implementation and usage of Virtual Design as well as construction technologies and processes on a wide variety of projects. Specific accountabilities include:
- Build virtual models from plans, specifications and elevations
- Produce drawings documents and sketches for site use.
- Identify potential clash detection between design disciplines and communicate to project team.
- Produce and maintain 3D models.
- Extract quantities from 3D Models.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- 2 year college diploma from a recognized architectural, engineering or construction management program
- Prior experience as a CAD Technologist, Architectural Technologist or Drafter is an asset.
- 3 years experience in construction with 1 year experience of 3D Modeling and Drafting
- The ability to translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D Building Information Model (BIM)
- 3D Application knowledge and experience mainly in Civil 3D. Knowledge in Revit, AutoCAD and Naviswork would be an asset.
- Understanding of current construction practices
- Knowledge of how a building is constructed and the various building components that are part of each stage
- Ability to read schedules and understand the scope
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.