The Health & Safety Coordinator supports the implementation of the Corporate Safety Program at the site level by working on a designated project to enforce legislative requirements and assisting the project team with the implementation of requirements under Kenaidan’s registration to the OHSAS 18001 Standard. Specific accountabilities include:
- Conduct Site Safety & Environmental orientations with new workers.
- Coordinate weekly tool box talks and ensure records of subcontractor safety meetings are posted in compliance to Kenaidan’s requirements.
- Participate and chair Joint Health & Safety Committee Meetings, as required.
- Where required, ensure the implementation of the Worker’s Trade Committee on site, and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Conduct a daily walk through of the site and report compliance and/or issues observed, according to Site Specific Safety & Environmental Plan requirements. Oversee compliance to issues identified.
- Complete daily Field Report.
- Conduct inspections/audits of the Fire Extinguishers and First Aid Stations on a monthly basis.
- Accompany third party inspectors during site reviews. Oversee compliance to issues identified during third party inspection.
- File safety related documentation, as required by Kenaidan’s program.
- Assist in the completion of Injury and Incident reports, and participate in the investigation of the occurrence.
- Assist with the implementation of return to work programs for injured workers.
- Assist in tracking of waste removed from site.
- Maintain erosion control plan.
- Inspect fuelling areas, conduct inventory of spill kit materials.
- Review storage of controlled products and document inspections, ensuring materials are properly labeled and stored and relevant MSDS information has been made available.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in related area or a combination of industry related training and experience.
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years experience working with Safety Programs in a technical environment (eg. manufacturing, mining, construction).
Working knowledge of all related safety and employment legislation; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong construction site and safety knowledge; experience with MS OFFICE including WORD, Excel and PowerPoint.
Construction site environment; assigned to one project, personal protective equipment [i.e. Hard hat, safety boots & reflective clothing (i.e. vest)] required at all times when on site.
To apply, please visit: http://www.kenaidan.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=222
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.