Sensiba San Filippo (SSF) is a leading San Francisco Bay Area regional CPA firm that provides tax, audit and consulting services to technology companies, venture capital firms, manufacturers, closely held companies, investment entities and high net worth individuals. Many of our clients are part of the Silicon Valley technology ecosystem. SSF has four offices – San Jose, San Mateo, Pleasanton and Morgan Hill.
We are seeking to add a number of bright and motivated individuals to our growing and sophisticated tax practice, including Senior Tax Associates.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with a CPA firm
- Undergraduate degree or significant course work in accounting; master’s in taxation is desirable, but not required
- Strong undergraduate GPA – 3.2 minimum overall or in accounting/tax-related courses
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills; ability to handle challenging tax and accounting issues
- Experience-appropriate knowledge of the tax code, with intermediate knowledge of one or more areas of taxation (corporations, pass-throughs, individuals, etc.)
- High level of motivation to learn and perform at a high level
- Ability to interact effectively with others within the firm and with clients
- Ability to flexibly work as part of a team striving to meet periodic and other client requirements
- CPA preferred; if not a CPA, must be in process of taking/passing the CPA exam
Duties of the position:
- Review of the tax work of associates (tax return preparation, tax research and related duties consistent with experience) relative to various entity types, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, trusts and estates as well as individuals
- Significant interaction with clients and with managers and partners at the firm relative to a wide variety of tax and client matters
- Work with other tax managers and partners to organize the flow of client work
- Actively participate in recruiting and training of entry level tax staff
- a diverse, inclusive environment in which the individual is enabled to succeed
- competitive compensation and benefits
- generous external education course reimbursement
- a balanced internal culture that emphasizes "family, community and the firm"
- an "open door" policy relative to firm partners
- accelerated access to clients