ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value. For over 25 years, FTI has brought insight and expertise to deliver successful resolution to the most challenging financial, litigation, and business-critical issues. FTI Consulting is a leading global firm that organizations rely on for advice and solutions in the areas of corporate finance and restructuring, disputes and investigations, economic consulting, e-discovery software and services, reputation management, and transaction advisory when confronting the critical issues that shape their futures. We are involved in high-stakes, fast-paced computer forensics projects from around the world. Our workforce of more than 3,800 employees includes numerous PhDs, MBAs, CPAs, CFEs, JDs, and technologists with expertise across a broad range of industries including financial services, retail, healthcare, energy, media, and communications. If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FTI Consulting Inc.’s Construction Solutions group is seeking professionals with experience in one or more of the following areas: construction management, construction contracts administration and/or procurement, capital budgeting and construction cost estimating, construction contract auditing and/or project auditing, claims and litigation advisory services, dispute resolution, project management, best practices studies of project management effectiveness and performance, financial modeling, scheduling and schedule analysis, real estate and construction business development, and/or project controls advisory services. We are looking for individuals with educational backgrounds in engineering, or construction management. The candidates should have at least 5 years of construction industry experience. The individual should have some combination of capital projects management, construction claims, and critical path method (CPM) scheduling experience. We are looking for candidates who are excellent team players and will adhere to FTI’s core values of Quality, Tenacity, Relationships and Integrity
• Skilled in the analysis and preparation of construction claims, CPM schedules and/or construction cost information.
• Perform dispute related analyses such as delay, impact, differing site conditions, cost and damage as well as lost productivity analyses
• Prepare labor productivity studies
• Perform detailed project and program reviews for large capital programs
• Provide assistance and oversight of large capital projects and programs
• Implement or assist with corrective action plans related to the “recovery” of large capital projects
• Develop project specific financial models and tools
• Conduct business process assessments and development of business processes for the successful execution and management of large capital projects
• Conduct contract compliance audits
• Recruit, train, and mentor a support group of professionals who specialize in construction industry consulting and related litigation support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Accounting is preferred. Master’s degree and/or knowledge of construction industry is also desired.
• Minimum (5) years or more construction industry experience
• Ideal candidates will hold one or more of the following certifications: licensed professional engineer (PE), certified project management professional (PMP), or certified public accountant (CPA)
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and MS Project
• Experience and training with Primavera scheduling software
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence
• Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm
• Able to delegate and supervise the work of others
• Experience in business development activities
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing work loads
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Professional, confident demeanor and appearance
• Capable of defending positions with rationale arguments
• Team player with positive and energetic attitude
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer