Excelacom is a global business and IT consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing services provider. Founded in 2000, Excelacom combines proven methodologies, best practices, and technology solutions to enable our clients to effectively utilize their business processes and technology to deliver a competitive business advantage. Excelacom is headquartered 20 miles west of Washington D.C. in Reston, Virginia, and has a presence around the world in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
The Business Consultant is responsible for providing support, analysis, implementation, and change management of system or business processes. The Business Consultant may work with mid- to executive-level clientele creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery in an agile development environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support, analysis and implementation of system or business processes/change management.
- Drives delivery of business solutions documentation for implementation of new business projects, processes and procedures.
- Applies Excelacom’s Delivery Framework Methodology on all engagements.
- Manages Quality Assurance Testing and documentation of bugs and resolutions.
- Contributes to business solution investment projects that generate client revenue, and support the marketing of those solutions to clients, potential clients, and internally within Excelacom.
- Participates in client meetings and works closely with business partners and Subject Matter Experts in regards to testing, training, implementation and support of functional requirements.
- Generates regular test status reports for clients and Excelacom executives.
- Builds and manages strong client relationships in complex environments.
- Utilizes industry standard analysis techniques when identifying requirements
- Supports business development and proposal efforts by contributing to the written functional components for existing and potential new projects.
- Reviews deliverables for quality.
- Supports Excelacom organizational development through activities including recruiting, mentoring, training, and individual career path development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position may supervise a team of clients, employees, and/or contractors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a concentration in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, IT, or Telecommunications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of consulting and/or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of related industry, domain or functional solutions.
- Experience working in a large consulting firm is preferred.
- Experience working with a Fortune 500 company is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Microsoft Project or other workplanning tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting, and client-facing skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment.
Travel will vary based on project assignment and may require travel within the United States and/or international travel up to 100% of the time.