Excelacom is a global business and IT consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing services provider. Founded in 2000, Excelacom combines proven methodologies, best practices, and technology solutions to enable our clients to effectively utilize their business processes and technology to deliver a competitive business advantage. Excelacom is headquartered 20 miles west of Washington D.C. in Reston, Virginia, and has a presence around the world in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
The Technical Analyst is responsible for assisting with design, development, and testing of software applications and hardware/infrastructure installations, information management, infrastructure design, and security and risk compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with team members and managers to translate and document technical and functional user requirements into functioning technical solutions.
- Analyzes business processes and procedures to recommend technical system/software solutions.
- Supports client delivery teams in either an internal or client-facing role.
- Provides support for the development of quality deliverables.
- Creates functional, operational, and interface architecture models.
- Supports testing and elimination of any issues in all phases of the SDLC.
- Supports and applies Excelacom’s Delivery Framework Methodology.
- Supports the maintenance of computer programs and systems.
- Communicates with offshore development team as needed.
- Communicates and provides daily status reports on assigned tasks to Supervisor.
- Provides operational support to projects as needed.
- Supports business development and proposal efforts by gathering general and technical proposal content.
- Supports Excelacom organizational development through activities including recruiting, mentoring, training, and individual career path development.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university with a concentration in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, IT, or Telecommunications.
- 0-3 years of consulting and/or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- Working knowledge of the IT, consulting, or telecommunications industries.
- Knowledge of the SDLC method.
- Previous experience using Java, C++, C#, and/or SQL.
- Proficient in Database concepts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in an office team environment.
- Ability to multi task and produce quality deliverables in a team environment.
Travel will vary based on project assignment and may require travel within the United States and/or international travel up to 100% of the time.