CRST is seeking self motivated and results oriented Human Resources Generalist, based in Birmingham, Alabama. The role will provide HR support for two of our operating companies, CRST Specialized Transportation, Inc., located in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and CRST Malone, located in Birmingham, Alabama.
- The HR Generalist's role supports two operating subsidiaries of CRST International, Inc, providing support for approximately 200 employees in Ft. Wayne, IN and 80 employees in Birmingham, AL, as well as several smaller field offices.
- Individual will report to HR – VP, with a very close dotted line relationship to the President of each company.
- The individual’s primary responsibility is to provide HR support, guidance and training to both employees and management, including: Recruiting, Performance Management, Management Development/Career Growth Opportunities, Employee Relations (problem resolution/disciplinary recommendations), New Hire Orientation.
- Implements human resources policies, procedures and programs from the guidance of Corporate Human Resources, located in Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Participates in regular meetings to pro actively influence sound HR practice.
- The Ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years HR generalist experience, with a heavy emphasis on recruiting. PHR is preferred.
- High energy! Results-oriented company with a high sense of accountability and impact!
Our Work Hours:
- We are growing and have a significant role to play in the organization. We need a new member of our team who wakes up in the morning and looks forward to contributing and comes in to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Realistically, the job is 45+ hours per week.
- This role will support employees in more than two locations, as such; will require 45-50% travel between locations.
- A competitive compensation plan and the opportunity to work with a world class HR and senior management team.
CRST International is an EOE