Your drive and intelligence put you on the path to academic achievement. Now you’re ready to apply your knowledge and develop professionally. Become an Analyst at Charles River Associates, and you’ll work with and learn from some of the most-respected scholars, specialists, and industry experts in the world.
We are currently seeking Analysts to join the Finance practice in our Oakland, CA office. The office is small, the work environment is casual, and there is significant, ongoing contact between senior and junior staff. Analysts are rarely expected to travel.
What do we do?
CRA is a leading global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – litigation and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries.
What does an Analyst do?
Analysts at CRA work closely with both junior and senior staff on project teams.
Responsibilities vary based on practice placement and can include:
- Analyzing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Programming, model building, and regression analysis in statistical analysis programs, such as SAS and Stata
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Conducting industry, market, and competitor research
- Performing interview-based research on behalf of commercial clients, government entities, and industry associations
- Assisting with recruiting and training efforts
We’re looking for analytical, highly-motivated undergraduates who’ve majored in economics, finance, mathematics, accounting, engineering or another quantitative discipline. We place high value on knowledge of economic and financial concepts, research experience, quantitative ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and a high level of initiative. We expect entry-level Analysts to use data and analysis to solve problems, effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks, and take pride and ownership in their work.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, submit your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and a writing sample with your application. Ideally, the writing sample would be an individual research paper that demonstrates both your writing skills and the data analysis you have done.
The start date for this position is summer 2014.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE).