NEW OPEN POSITIONS! GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!!!
We are currently seeking individuals who have a love for teaching and enjoy working with children. Our program’s goal is to ensure kindergarten readiness for the children and families we serve.
Salary for the position $33,509 - $40,206 annually depending on experience and education.
Job Summary: Manages a quality Early Childhood Development program for children and families assigned to the site.
Job duties (essential functions, not intended to be all-inclusive). Under the direction of Supervisor:
- Implement designed bi-lingual, multicultural curriculum for children assigned to classroom.
- Monitor’s children’s progress by completing all observations necessary to complete Fall, Winter, and Spring Assessment periods and Education Plans three times in the school year or as deemed necessary by the Child Development Manager.
- Complete (2) two educational home visits and (2) two parent conferences.
- Complete developmental screenings and social/emotional screenings within 45 days of enrollment and document health information.
- Effectively serve children with disabilities and their families. Meet goals and objectives in the IEP. Make adaptations for any disabilities.
- Coordinate a minimum of 2 educational field trips during the school year.
- Facilitate communication with all involved at site (Teacher Aide, Food Transporter/Custodian, subs, and Volunteers) and the support team.
- Develops lesson plans that include at least one home task and one food experience per month.
- Facilitate the Parent Center committee meetings in conjunction with the Family Support Specialist.
- Completes monthly reports within timelines and with accuracy.
- Reports any suspected abuse/neglect as mandated by law.
- Implements emergency plan and conducts/documents monthly fire drills.
- Orders supplies monthly.
- Complies with all CACFP guidelines and completes end of the month food paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education /Background:
- Must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- BA or higher degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE).
- BA or higher degree with 18 credits in ECE or current Arizona Department of Education Certificate.
- AA degree in ECE.
- AA degree with 18 credits in ECE or current Arizona Department of Education Certificate.
- BA degree and has been admitted into the Teach For America program, passed a rigorous early childhood content exam, such as the Praxis II, participated in a Teach For America summer training institute that includes teaching preschool children, and is receiving ongoing professional development and support from Teach For America's professional staff.
- Approved Waiver (3 years maximum) from the Office of Head Start with employee actively pursuing/enrollment in coursework leading to mandated educational requirements.
- One year of experience as a teacher in a pre-school
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge & understanding of Head Start Policies and Procedures and Child Development, know how to use supervisory and/or organizational skills. Must be able to read & write legibly & coherently, preferably in English and Spanish; comprehend basic math; able to designate a variety of materials for use in a pre-school developmental setting. Must be sensitive to cultural differences within the agency & community. Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications (Word & Outlook).
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Must be able to work with moderate interruptions. May need to work in a non air-conditioned facility and may be in contact with communicable diseases. Must be able to work with pre-school age children (bend, stoop, lift up to 40 pounds, sit on floor, etc.).
- Other requirements:
- Must meet WSHS requirements including physical at hire (and every three years thereafter), negative TB Skin test (or chest x-ray).
- Must meet DHS requirements for licensure.
- Valid AZ driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to show proof of registration/insurance.
- Fingerprint clearance or ability to obtain fingerprint clearance; must maintain clearance.
- Must possess and maintain Valid Food Handler’s Card.
- Must have or complete training in CPR and First Aid and remain current in the certification.
We Value Diversity!