Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in a number of categories, such as Automotive, Travel, Shopping, Finance, Careers, Home, and Leisure. With a flexible and scalable platform, we operate a rapidly growing network of over 200 websites and web-based products that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities, view a vast variety of articles and content, and to make informed purchasing decisions for a wide range of goods and services.
Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Our flagship site, CarsDirect.com, is the leading multi-brand online car buying service and has been providing new car, used car, and auto finance-related content and services since 1998. Included amongst our other highly popular products are:
-Nolo - With over 50 web properties, the Nolo Network is one of the web’s largest libraries of consumer-friendly legal information – all available for free. With oversight from Nolo’s editorial team, we strive to deliver free legal information of the highest quality. We also offer local lawyers the ability to contribute to the Nolo network.
-vBulletin – The international leader in forum and community publishing software. Forums all over the world use vBulletin to build and power their online communities.
-ModelMayhem.com – A fashion industry powerhouse and the go-to networking site for professional models, photographers, make-up artists, and designers from around the globe.
-Bens Bargains – A leading electronics and technology shopping site that brings our visitors all of the best deals the Internet has to offer.
We’re looking for a motivated individual with strong Quality Assurance and analytical abilities to be a hands-on manager of a team of QA Engineers. You’ll be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position is based in our office in Pleasanton, CA.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3+ years of leading a quality assurance team, 5+ years of software and web quality assurance experience, experience in web-based technologies and testing, a background in software/web development, and meticulous attention to detail. Strong test case creation, black box testing, documentation, and communication skills are a must. Previous test automation experience is strongly preferred.
- Be the QA lead (point person) for one or more products.
- Working closely with distributed development resources in several offices.
- Planning, creating, and documenting testing/test cases for projects.
- Planning, creating, executing, and documenting automated test scripts for projects.
- Reviewing test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts created by other QA resources to ensure coverage based on requirements.
- Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist with scheduling estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Developing and executing automated test scripts.
- Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- Assist with mentoring and training junior QA Engineers.
- Verification of patches and bug fixes.
- 2-3+ years of software quality assurance technical lead
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience.
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Selenium IDE/RC/Webdriver, Mercury QTP, WebTest, Silktest, TestComplete).
- Experience with SQL (writing queries and simple joins) and relational databases.
- Experience developing in Java, PHP, PERL, or Python.
- A consistent history of long-term employment.
- Completion a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university.
- Experience testing websites, SAAS, or web-based technologies.
- Experience testing mobile websites.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
- Experience testing web services (XML/REST/SOAP).
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA (preferred), Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of major operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OSX).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio).
Preferred (Not Required):
- Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
- Experience with the Robot Automation Framework is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Hudson/Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo) is a plus.
- Experience with web services automation and load testing tools (ex. NeoLoad or SOAPUI) is a plus.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (ex. PHPUnit) is a plus.
- Experience with Subversion is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented software development/programming is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1018
Check us out! www.nolo.com and www.internetbrands.com
Nolo, a wholly owned subsidiary of Internet Brands, is the integration of some of the Internet’s first legal sites, including Nolo.com, Divorcenet.com and AllLaw.com. These sites were combined with the ExpertHub technology platform in 2011 to form the Nolo Network.
Nolo began publishing do-it-yourself legal guides in 1971. In the 40 years since its founding, Nolo has evolved with technology, developing do-it-yourself software and building Nolo.com into one of the Internet’s leading legal websites. Learn more about Nolo’s history.
ExpertHub was founded in 2008 with the goal of helping solo practitioners and small law firms build their practice through the Internet. In 2010, Internet Brands acquired ExpertHub. In 2010, Internet Brands added six leading niche sites to the ExpertHub platform, including Divorcenet.com, AllLaw.com, and DisabilitySecrets.com.
About Internet Brands, Inc.:
Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.