The Web Application Developer performs software development, customization, design and configuration of BRGs in-house OSIS application. Ideal candidate would be located in Edmonton or Calgary, AB, Canada.
Responsibilities (* indicates Essentials Duties):
- Database development and data structure modification using SQL for Oracle, MsSQL and MySQL.
- Customization and/or Enhancement of Business Software Applications including GUI development/customization, report development, script development.
- Development of New Software Applications to meet specific client business objectives.
- Development of Data Migration Interfaces to integrate disparate applications/databases using tools such as stored procedures, DTS, scripts.
- Personal Quality Assurance Testing to assure quality of deliverables prior to execution of internal QA testing by assisting team members.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of off-the-shelf and custom software applications in BRG staging as well as customer test and production environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience with web development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS platforms and SQL including ORACLE, MS SQL Server or Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages including VB, Cold Fusion. ASP, ASP.NET, HTML, etc.
- Experience in implementing web-based applications for external users
- Solid customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
- B.S. or B.A. in related discipline or related experience.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of ARCHIBUS, TRIRIGA or other IWMS software.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of GIS related technologies
- Conceptual to working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoLisp and document management.
- Conceptual to working knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.
- Conceptual to working knowledge in BIRT, Crystal Reports, Business Objects or similar reporting software.
- Experience with networking and infrastructure.