This position reports to the Manager, Product Implementation & RMS.
As the Risk Management Specialist you will be accountable for developing, implementing and maintaining provincial automobile and property product and underwriting guidelines for each brand that supports the growth and profitability plans.
Additional accountabilities include:
• Identifying opportunities and solutions for improvements by modifying product or risk management activities to support profitable growth
• Act as project manager for implementation of regional automobile or property projects and initiative
• Ensuring proper execution and regulatory/legislative compliance of product, underwriting and risk management practices
• Driving decisions and communications effectively with other functional departments to shorten the learning curve and enable quicker impact
• Developing good working relationships with regulators, IBC and other industry bodies
Qualifications and Experience:
• 5 years extensive underwriting experience
• 5 years experience in analysis of operating results
• CIP and/or CRM designation (or actively pursuing)
• Extensive product, price, risk management, insurance regulation and rate plan knowledge and the dynamics which affect profitability
• Ability to measure, evaluate and act on results
• Ability to develop and implement risk management concepts for multiple distribution channels
• Ability to influence others by exercising interpersonal leadership skills to achieve goals and objectives.
• Take evaluated risks or initiate actions to capitalize on opportunities
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills