Zones, Inc. is a national provider of IT products and solutions to businesses. For more than 20 years, we have provided a single source for IT products and solutions that leverage the value of our deep experience – and our equally deep commitment to our clients' success. We distinguish ourselves by our commitment to providing Five Star Service which keeps our clients at the forefront of every decision we make. We are committed to providing team members with the resources, tools and training to achieve success and excel in their professional growth.
The Solution Architect works closely with the Zones sales teams to help grow the profitable sales of infrastructure solutions within a region and/or market. The goal is to help manage the above market growth rate of revenue and gross margins for hardware, software, and services for enterprise product defined as primarily servers, storage, networking, and other advanced technologies. The SA’s role is one of a pre-sales resource to utilize their technology background to lead the consultative discovery of the client/prospect’s business goals, objectives, and challenges and to translate them into effective infrastructure solutions. Your ability to achieve sales and profit goals will transpire through joint account planning, partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up. The SA plays a leadership role, by analyzing business requirements, presenting related solutions, and driving the business case and financial justifications.
Working with Sales Management and Account Executives:
- Planning and Reporting with the PSG Regional Director and Sales Management to manage pipeline towards goal achievement
- Joint Account Planning to help identify opportunities in accounts
- Sales Calls and Presentations to Identify and Close Solutions Opportunities
- Solutions Development based on the clients/prospects requirements
- Joint Bid and Proposal Development with Sales
- Prepare SOWs and Services Estimates
- Equipping and Training the Sales Organization on Solutions and How to Find Opportunities
- Pipeline Management and Forecasting of Product and Services Revenue/GM for Defined market
- Prospecting and Develop Opportunities Independently as time permits
Working with Manufacturers, OEMs, and Software Publishers (Partners)
- Build and Maintain Regional and Local Relationships with Partners Channel and Direct Sales Organizations
- Go to Market Planning with Partners to Identify the Best Opportunity Areas and Accounts to Target
- Develop and Deliver with marketing and Partners – Demand Generation Campaigns and Events
- Maintain Certifications as Necessary to Enable Zones to be able to Resell the Products, and Maintain the Highest Level of Vendor Rebates and Lowest Cost
Working with Clients
- Build and Maintain Relationships, Particularly Technical Relationships in Assigned Accounts as Appropriate to Farm Additional Opportunities
- Perform Needs Assessments as Appropriate
- Perform Short Term Billable Engagements to Keep Skill Set Short, Offset Some Cost of Sales. These are generally Assessment, Proof of Concept, or Architectural type of Engagements
- Strong business acumen and understanding of clients IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into technology solutions
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction Levels with Stated Goal of 100%
Working with Team
- Support other SAs sales Activities as appropriate utilizing your Subject Matter Expertise
- Support other Geographic Areas and Practices as Needed based on Skillset, Demand, and Availability
- Keep Pipeline, Forecast, Time and Billing, Project and Activity reporting Current based with Defined Tools and Meeting Submittal Deadlines.
- Support and Work with Expert Connect in Configuration, Bill of Material and Solution Definitions to ensure Accuracy and Quality of Orders
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline; equivalent years of experience is acceptable
- At least 5 years of experience in an enterprise environment and a minimum of 2 years in a pre-sales technical role
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
- Ability to travel an average of 30% of the time
Technology Focus and Requirements
- Ability to Assess, Architect, Design, and Implement Mobility, MDM, and End User Computing Management Solutions with a variety of tablets, smart phones, desktops and laptopsinto Customer Environments Ranging from SMB to Enterprise Accounts.
- Experience and Certifications from Key OEM Mobility Partners and Enterprise Solutions from Apple, MobileIron, and AirWatch desired.
- Experience and Certifications from Microsoft including SCCM and Symantec’s Altiris product desired.
- Core understanding of desktop OS design, directory services and migration tools allowing for complete solution integration is required.
- Strategy & technology consulting experience applying mobile technology to strategic business problems around data security, device management and end user computing.
- Experience integrating Mobility Solutions into complex enterprise environments including experience with managing these environments and Life Cycle Support is Highly Desired.
- Experience managing solutions that reduce the total life cycle cost of supporting desktop in complex enterprise environments with patching and imaging, and zero touch deployment solutions highly desired.
At Zones we realize that a competitive compensation and benefits package is extremely important to our team members. We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans; a 401(k) Plan with an annual discretionary match; paid time off; product discounts; and an in-house workout room at our corporate office.
If you meet the qualifications above, are driven by results, and are looking for an exciting career in IT Sales or Sales Support, we want to hear from you!
Zones… Connecting Businesses and Technology…. Connecting People with Opportunity
We are proud to be an E/O/E and a minority owned business.