The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing maintenance at the property in accordance with company standards. The purpose of this position is to help ensure that the physical condition of the property satisfies ownership and management objectives. In addition to aiding the maintenance supervisor with general duties, this position requires that the individual be available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours.
- Provides general maintenance, cleaning and repair for the community.
- Duties include, but, are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn care, snow-removal, replacement of lights, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Responds to all resident request service calls as directed by the Superintendent.
- Transports electrical and gas appliances to the units, as required.
- Regularly assess the property for safety and loss prevention.
- Repairs and fabricates window and door screens, and frames.
- Removes and repairs damaged drywall, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood as directed.
- Safely operates power blowers or brooms to remove leaves and debris from sidewalks, and driveways.
- Provide outstanding customer service in accordance with company’s Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrates good verbal and listening skills.
- Maintains a working knowledge of corporate policies, procedures and regulations.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and identified/potential problems. Brings forward solutions.
- When assigned by the Superintendent, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornados, floods, and fires.
- Attends meetings, trainings and workshops, as required.
- Wears required uniform and Company ID’s. Follows the Company dress code policy and utilizes proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when needed.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Follows and adheres to all WinnSafe policies, practices and procedures.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing and HVAC (minimum 2 years’ experience preferred)
- Pool Certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must possess the knowledge to be able to complete repairs on the following: appliances, doors, locks, windows, faucets, toilets, flooring and sheetrock repairs, and preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com