The Maintenance Superintendent will act as a working supervisor; with almost all of his/her time spent performing maintenance functions. He/ she will also be responsible for assigning and follow up of all work completed by every employee which will include work order completion, the quick turn around of apartments, all required preventative maintenance tasks. This position requires that the individual be available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours.
As a key member of our team, the Maintenance Superintend is responsible for keeping the property in top-notch physical condition, inside and out. Be ready to be busy! A typical day could include plumbing, electrical, basic drywall, carpentry, and appliance repairs, plus common area and exterior maintenance repairs as well as make ready’s, landscaping, and Snow Removal. Daily communication with Property Manager, strong record keeping for work orders, parts orders, and inventory and service/tenant follow-up. This is a full-time, steady position with regular hours and great benefits. Plus, this position offers opportunities for career advancement.
- Acts as a working supervisor, with majority of time spent performing maintenance functions.
- Duties include, but, are not limited to, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, replacement of lights, plumbing, electrical work, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Wears required uniform and Company ID’s. Follows the Company dress code policy and utilizes proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when needed.
- Completes all resident and site work orders at the property in a timely manner, and completes the relevant paperwork.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance at the property, utilizing the Company's Preventive Maintenance System detailing the location, item, and schedule for performing all Preventative Maintenance functions.
- Responsible for the condition and appearance of the grounds at the site.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours and respond within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- Available by phone or beeper in case of emergencies, such as snow storms, floods, and fires.
- Responsible for the "turnover" of vacant apartments in an expeditious manner in order to avoid the loss of any rental income.
- Oversees inventory control of the property's maintenance supplies, performing a monthly inventory and making recommendations to the Property Manager for the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Solicits bids from contractors for such work as plumbing, electrical, landscaping, refinish hardwood floors, painting, and safety systems preventive maintenance, with approval of the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator. Oversees schedules and work performed by approved contractors.
- Makes recommendations for capital improvements at the property.
- Makes budget recommendations to the Property Manager for all maintenance line items and assists the Property Manager in controlling maintenance expenses.
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that Company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- As applicable, reviews third party building inspection reports in conjunction with the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Coordinator in order to understand what maintenance problems need to be resolved and what maintenance improvements need to be made.
- Provides direction, guidance, and supervision to all maintenance staff at the property.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing weekly maintenance staff work schedules.
- Interviews candidates for maintenance related positions and makes hiring recommendations to the Property Manager.
- Provides training of maintenance staff to ensure proper performance of their functions, consistent with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for training and over sight of all WinnSafe procedures and guidelines of all property employees and contractors.
- Collaborates with Property Manager in completion of performance reviews and performance related feedback.
- Minimum 2 year of supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and leadership
- 2 years of general maintenance experience
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems and carpentry
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com