Vice President of Facilities & Capital Planning
Statement of the Job:
The Vice President of Facilities and Capital Planning has varied and extremely critical job responsibilities. They are primarily the following: provide leadership and guidance to the maintenance team so that Company maintenance standards are achieved and sustained at all properties under management; ensure that all our communities are planning and executing capital related spending in a timely and cost effective manner.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Purchasing & Maintenance Operations and works collaboratively with many constituents across the organization. Chief among these are the Vice President of Procurement, senior maintenance staff and senior property operations personnel; in addition to WinnDevelopment staff.
- Supervise the Directors of Maintenance in coordination with the operational Senior Vice Presidents.
- Assist senior operations staff with the formulation of maintenance spending budgets with an emphasis on per unit operating costs.
- Ensure that accurately bid and priced service contracts are in place for the proper maintenance and inspection of all systems including but not limited to the following: fire alarms, fire sprinklers, fire extinguishers, elevators, HVAC systems, generators, pest control, lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.
- Oversee and be responsible for the results of all agency physical inspections with special emphasis placed on HUD REAC inspections.
- Oversee training of maintenance personnel through the identification of outside training sources or through the development of in-house training materials, ensuring that our staff are knowledgeable and, if necessary, licensed to perform their duties.
- Develop and recommend for implementation maintenance policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with the Purchasing & Sustainability Group to standardize product selection & realize volume purchasing opportunities. Sponsor and champion company purchasing programs in the field.
- Occupy a permanent position on the Safety Committee for the purpose of fostering and promoting occupational safety for all employees & vendors and an overall environment of safety for residents and guests of our communities.
- Keep apprised of the latest developments in the maintenance industry and receive training in these areas when necessary.
- Work with property operations and development team in an advisory capacity to help evaluate and find solutions to capital spending and major maintenance needs.
- Construction management of capital work to include planned projects and disaster/loss recovery on an “as needed” basis.
- Oversight and monitoring of annual capital budgets including scope development, vendor selection and project execution.
- Provide recommendations, cost determination and pertinent information regarding major capital investments to senior property operations personnel.
- Develop a program to identify and manage strategic capital expenditures for each asset on a portfolio wide basis. Special emphasis to be placed on energy efficient systems solutions in the areas of HVAC, windows, insulation, lighting, etc. Work closely with Vice President of Energy & Sustainability to realize these gains.
- Represent the company and participate in industry associations.
- Perform other assignments as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience in property management, capital project administration, project management, construction, budgeting and operations, preferably in multi family environment
- Experience managing the bidding process and vendor selection
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work successfully with all levels of staff
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and remain calm under pressure
- Dynamic motivator and influencer with exceptional, creative problem-solving skills
- Impeccable follow through and the ability to deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills and process oriented with attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Computer Proficiency (Word, Excel, Yardi, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com