Senior Project Financial Analyst
The Senior Project Financial Analyst (“SPFA”) is responsible for the underwriting and due diligence of potential capital transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing opportunities, etc.). These responsibilities include financial modeling, assembling financing applications, preparing responses to requests for information, and other special projects, as assigned. The SPFA will also assist the Finance Department with the functions described below.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
- WinnCompanies-related Functions
- Assemble, review, and/or prepare due diligence materials for current and potential developments, acquisitions, dispositions, and financings
- Conduct and document complex financial analysis projects
- Create, modify, review, and update financial projections and discounted cash flow models
- Complete special projects related to investment analysis and market research
- Prepare in-depth evaluation of plans and identify new methods of analysis and presentation
- May coach/mentor, advise and train less-experienced project financial analysts
- Assistance for the Finance Department
- General accounting or department questions or specific training related to the SPFA’s responsibilities or areas of expertise
- Rely on experience in real estate analysis to contribute innovative ideas on new projects that the Finance team is working on
- Provide other assistance to the Finance Department as needed
- General Department Functions
- Administrative duties: correspondence, photocopying, scanning, etc
- Maintenance of department document management systems, electronic and physical
- Creation of Policies & Procedures to document processes
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Follows and adheres to all WinnSafe policies, practices and procedures.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS in Finance or Business preferred
- Experience: 5-7 (or more) years of industry related experience
- Possess well developed knowledge and skill to interpret financial information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience reading financial reports (income statements, rent rolls, balance sheets, etc.)
- Tax credit and experience with Yardi are preferred but not required
- Knowledge in underwriting
- Public speaking and/or presentation of findings to senior management and executives
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com