We are currently looking for hard working innovative individuals that have experience in marketing and with leasing to properties. The right candidate will be a driven and service-oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. The Leasing Consultant role is primarily a sales position with an emphasis on customer service, meeting goals and achieving results. The Leasing Consultant will manage the sales process from start to finish; presenting apartments and the community in a compelling way, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement. These relationships will be maintained by providing excellent customer service and helping current residents resolve problems as they arise.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the property, its residents, the geographic area, and the competition.
- Ensures all information provided to prospective residents is accurate.
- Develops and maintains effective telephone, greeting, demonstration, and closing and follow up skills.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, responds to all email leads, tours all scheduled and walk-in traffic, conducts follow up with all traffic and records all activity into the Management Information System (e.g. Yardi).
- Maintains Guest Welcome Cards and follows up with all prospects and leads.
- Keeps current with local events and hiring trends, which may have an impact on the property.
- Represents the property, himself/herself and the company in a professional manner.
- Assists Property Manager with ad updates and maintains the Advertising Book for the property.
- Ensures fresh and accurate content is displayed on the property’s WinnStyle website, internet and print ads at all times.
- Posts Craigslist ads and Ratings & Reviews comments to the website on a daily basis.
- Maintains a current Leasing Binder at all times.
- Ensures the property exterior and interior common areas and vacant apartments are presentable.
- Opens, closes, and inspects the model apartment(s) and the rental office each day.
- Maintains knowledge of the affordable income component of the property, which includes the application and recertification process (if applicable).
- Knowledgeable in operating policies and procedures specific to the property, including, but not limited to, security deposit policy, lease break policy, photo ID policy and pet policy.
- Understands a third party Mystery Shop may be conducted to assess customer service and sales skills.
- leasing, customer service or property management
- Program (affordable/LIHTC) compliance
- experience in resident accounting
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- computer literacy in Microsoft Office – (Yardi Voyager experience a big plus)
- A strong work ethic is needed - along with an excellent ability to communicate across all levels of management and ownership - both verbally and in writing.
- Bi-lingual/Spanish desired but not required.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits:
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com