Position Summary: Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results. Must demonstrate superior customer service skills and positive attitude.
- Provide cleaning, maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, replacement of lights, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, heating/air system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Assist one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, such as keeping a worker supplied with materials and tools; cleaning working area, machine and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials and tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman. The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform varies from trade to trade.
- Serve as a trades helper. In some trades, the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials or tools, and cleaning working areas. In other trades, is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
- Perform carpentry duties necessary to maintain in good repair, building woodwork, and equipment such as closets, cabinets, counters, benches, doors, floors, siding, and roofing. Troubleshoot carpentry issues.
- Perform plumbing tasks, including but not limited to, cleanout, assemble, install, repair, fit and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes. Troubleshoot plumbing systems.
- Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment for openings in walls and floor to accommodate electrical repairs. Troubleshoot problems with electrical systems.
- Responds to service calls, COM (Change of Occupancy Maintenance) and property management requirements.
- Install stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Transport appliances. Connect appliance power source
- Paints and redecorates interior and exterior walls, woodwork, equipment and fixtures.
- On-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Correctly completes job orders and work authorizations in accordance with company and contract specifications.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Wears prescribed uniform, including footwear at all times.
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars as position requires.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment to/from job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames.
- Digs, fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovels concrete; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of furniture, equipment, appliances and machinery.
- Removes and replaces floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes and replaces damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site clean up.
- Promotes and practices IIF (Incident and Injury Free) safety culture at all times and adheres to GMR’s (Global Minimum Safety Requirements) at all times.
- Adheres to company’s stated sustainability policies and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least two years of maintenance experience in the multi-family residential real estate industry.
- Must demonstrate the completion of customer service skills training.
- Must have valid driver’s license; high school diploma or equivalent. Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Have acceptable results for pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Professional certification in at least one of the following trades: plumbing, appliance repair, electrical.
- HVAC is preferred.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, some nights and weekends required.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com