The Recertification Specialist is responsible for assisting with daily administrative procedures and special projects. He/ She is also responsible for processing the initial, interim and annual tenant recertifications at the property or properties. Some of the duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for representing himself/herself, Winn and the properties in a professional manner to all residents, employees and vendors, including both oral and written communication.
- Responsible for working with the Property Manager and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the recertification reporting calendar is followed and that all recertification reports and letters to tenants are run on time.
- Manage document/file organization and archive storage.
- Perform special assignments and projects as needed.
- Analyze and prepare all department check requests. Copy, mail and file paid invoices.
- Clerical support including filing, addressing envelopes, overnight shipping.
- Order office supplies for the department.
- Assist and prepare organizational charts and presentations.
- Responsible for processing initial, interim and annual recertifications. This includes:
- Notifying residents of their impending recertifications using notices supplied by YARDI.
- Conducting the recertification interviews with residents.
- Reviewing each recertification to ensure that all checklist items are complete.
- Sending recertification verification forms to the appropriate agencies (e.g., Social Security Administration, place of employment, welfare agency, Veterans Administration) relevant banks and other organizations (e.g., drug stores).
- Completing the recertification worksheet necessary to prepare the voucher (i.e., Form 50059) for the local HUD office, state agency, or local housing authority; this includes ensuring that the resident signs the recertification (HUD sites only).
- Completing the recertification worksheet so that the annual Tax Credit reports (Tenant Income Certification TIC) may be prepared for the state compliance agency. This includes having the resident sign all applicable paperwork.
- Assisting the Property Management staff with preparing for the property review by owners, regulatory agencies, auditors, etc., as necessary.
- Ensuring all information is accurate and entered into YARDI in a timely manner.
- Complying with company policies regarding the proper treatment of Tax Credit and Resident files.
- Assisting the Property Management staff with all facets of the move-in process.
- Ensuring that files comply with the regulations of all funding/regulatory agencies, such as HOME and HIF.
- Ensuring recertifications are fully completed and executed with Property Manager and resident signatures by the date due.
- Ensuring the proper treatment of residents’ personal and private information; maintaining such records in accordance with local, state and/or federal law.
- Performs special assignments as needed or as requested by the Property Manager or other Senior Management.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in property management administration.
- Current COS or comparable designation required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and knowledge of OrgPlus 4.0.
- Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills; detail-oriented
- ability to exercise good judgment and apply initiative.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com