Provides comprehensive technical direction and assistance to customers regarding the use of the product lines and facilitates account management with sales. Responsibilities may include responding to comprehensive questions and concerns, serving as an expert in multiple technologies, and assisting customers with improving operational quality and efficiency, including line design.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to comprehensive questions and concerns from the customer regarding product lines and general operations; operates under minimal supervision and solves comprehensive problems that require project management principles.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of the product lines; operations involve multiple or complex locations, and the application of multiple technologies.
- Serves as an operational advisor to customers by applying advanced quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality, efficiency, and line design; receives direction or guidance when required.
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with line and management personnel, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel when required.
- Performs broad account management activities by maintaining and creating new sales, facilitating orders, developing relationships with all levels of management, and resolving problems in conjunction with sales or other technical personnel.
- Serves as a lead to lower level technical service representatives or other staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work and determining work direction.
- May supervise staff, which includes hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Operations Management, or related field is preferred.
- Five years of experience as a Technical Service Representative.
- Utilizing industry and product applications concepts and procedures;
- Understanding of sales and research and development principles;
- Applying expert principles and practices within multiple service areas;
- Providing technical and line guidance and advice to improve quality and efficiency;
- Communicating advanced technical and operational concepts to facilitate sales;
- Must pass color test;
- Working with all levels of personnel;
- Providing advanced technical customer service;
- Performing basic account management and sales activities;
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.