T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for Estimators. In this role you will work as part of the estimating staff to prepare bid packages for both negotiated and public works projects in a diverse market including education, commercial development, multi-story and subterranean parking structures, design build, RFP, Federal work, healthcare (OSHPD) and MACC.
Duties will include but are not limited to reviewing proposal specification and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
· Prepare cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff.
· Create detailed cost estimate based on project scope.
· Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors.
· Optimize job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for material/services.
· Interface with Owners, PMs and Superintendents to provide engineering and cost data on Design/Build estimates and change order preparation.
· Maintain file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
Qualifications include a bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience. A minimum of two years experience in estimating. Knowledge of computerized estimating systems and cost data bases and word processing software is required.
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to perform these duties successfully.
· Proven track record for Construction Estimating with a focus on sustainable job profitability – 2 years minimum.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (strong Excel knowledge required)
· Some travel may be required.
Company offers a comprehensive and competitive employee benefits package in our industry. Our program addresses both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Benefits include:
· Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental and life insurance.
· 401(k) Plan
· Laptop & Cell phone/radio provided
T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Drug-testing and proof of citizenship or immigration status is a requirement of employment.