Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), the Director, Integrated Strategy is responsible for identifying key insights that fuel the creation of compelling, emotionally-relevant and effective user experiences and online marketing programs that fullfill business objectives for brands.
This position is responsible for leading the Insight phase and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to develop user experience and marketing plans. This position also partners with the client team and the client to identify brand and project objectives, goals, and key metrics.
The Director, Integrated Strategy may also contribute to Resource’s thought leadership platforms and research methodologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand online and offline consumer behavior in the context of category and brand
- Quickly learn a client’s business, brand, category, target audience(s) and competitive landscape and remain current over time
- Partner with creative team to design and lead all Insights and Design work, Partner with cross-discipline teams and subject matter experts (SMEs), particularly in the Imagine and Define phases of the OPEN Brand process,
- Keep informed of innovative and pragmatic uses of emerging technologies and proactively identify opportunities to recommend to clients
- Demonstrate proficiency with major information sources, planning responsibilities, and consumer research methodologies
- Partner with research team to design primary and secondary, quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Analyze findings and/or select/manage 3rd parties to complete these tasks.
- Lead, when appropriate, the development of Proposals and/or Statements of Work; serve as a sounding board for approaches and solutions to quickly respond to opportunities and ensure Resource competitiveness
- Proactively work with internal teams to identify and scope client extension work
- Design and lead strategy portion of client kick-off meetings and Insights phase executive interviews and presentations of findings
- Lead the development of client objectives and recommendations. Able to outline multiple approaches to business challenges in a timely manner.
- Lead project team in developing breakthrough ideas and quickly mobilize to draw quick, pragmatic conclusions and action for implementation
- Provide guidance on how to best flex and adapt internal tools and frameworks as appropriate based on client need
- Contribute to strategic client planning by identifying strategies and solutions to help the team lead the client to achievement of goals
- Partner with portfolio leadership peers (client service, project management, creative, technology, operations) to meet client expectations and portfolio growth and financial goals
- Partner with other Strategic Services leads to bring appropriate team members to the table and identify opportunities to introduce new offerings to clients
- Mentor junior team members on crafting and applying insights to work, tools and processes
- Understanding of all Strategic Services offerings and competence across a variety of strategic disciplines (e.g., UX Strategy, Analytics, Social). Partner with Operations and CSO on team staffing, utilization and department goals.
- Support leadership development of industry-relevant POVs, author blogs, papers, articles
- Speak at client or industry events sharing Resource’s POV
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- 10+ years of progressive business experience in advertising, marketing, digital or related marketing with demonstrated business-development and team-management skills
- A minimum of 7 years of marketing strategy experience (brand management or agency experience preferred)
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented and creative environment
· MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
· Agency and client side experience
- This position may require up to 40% travel to and from current or potential client sites, conferences, seminars and/or training sessions.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due
to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position
is exempt based on the FLSA laws.