The Patient Experience Advisor – Regional Division (Advisor) is responsible for supporting patient experience improvement initiatives for Press Ganey clients. The Advisor will act as the principle improvement coach for assigned patient satisfaction clients. This is accomplished through applying proven quality and improvement strategies and methodologies, collaborating with patient experience leaders in client organizations, and effectively directing Press Ganey resources to positively impact clients and achieve sustainable results. The Advisor will be a service excellence and performance improvement expert and will have direct accountability for partnering with client organizational leadership to improve organizational outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides and obtains support from client leadership to achieve targeted improvements in patient experience and customer service.
- Acts as the liaison between the client and Press Ganey in order to enhance the partnership by understanding and articulating client business needs.
- Leverages Press Ganey’s knowledgebase to share trends, key drivers and top performer best practices in patient experience initiatives.
- Establishes rapport and credibility and maintains relationships with key contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Identifies the appropriate owner and stakeholders within the client organization for improving the patient experience.
- Collaborates with client to interpret Press Ganey patient satisfaction data / reports and provides guidance related to patient satisfaction quality improvement efforts.
- Assists client in identifying the cause of low performance and directs improvement efforts towards that cause.
- Develops in-depth knowledge/understanding of client organizations, makes specific and actionable recommendations for improvement, and provides guidance and coaching to the client based on the knowledge of the client’s needs.
- Establishes an actionable goal with the client and provides guidance and coaching towards completion of that goal including identification of potential barriers to success.
- Conducts virtual and in-person workshops and education sessions for clients related to Press Ganey philosophies of service excellence and patient experience best practices.
- Creates and documents the partnership plan for the client articulating the organizational goals, priority areas for improvement, and how they will be implemented by the client and supported by the Advisor.
- Works cross-functionally with the Sales Executive and Account Manager to assure service and partnership plans directly support the account plan for the client, and that services are setup, maintained and delivered in the form that meets the clients’ needs and is within the scope of the account plan / contract.
- Leads service recovery efforts related to the delivery of Advisory services.
- Supports the Sales Executive in identifying cross / up selling opportunities.
- Communicates a variety of initiatives to the client as appropriate.
This is a home-based office position with the preferred locations of Cleveland or Toledo, Ohio
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and ability to demonstrate value to various key account contacts.
- Demonstrated achievement of quality management and patient process improvement in a healthcare setting.
- Proven excellence in the support and service to complex customers.
- Superior problem solving ability, preferably within a customer environment.
- Superior project management, time management and organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to facilitate workshops, make compelling presentation to large/small audiences, and effectively communicate/present to a wide range of audiences including boards of directors, senior executives, physicians, clinical managers, and department heads.
- Demonstrated interviewing and consulting skills including the ability to propose action to a client with confidence and to achieve results through influence and persuasion.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills including engaging, persuading, and gaining credibility with senior executives and physicians within complex healthcare organizations, both over the phone and in person.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to ensure adequate resources are brought to bear to meet client needs from throughout the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and Web Conferencing.
- Candidates must live in their assigned territory and be onsite approximately 35% of the time.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, MBA/MHA preferred. 5 - 8 years of health care experience, preferably within performance/process improvement, service excellence leadership or consulting is required. Familiarity with Press Ganey solutions is preferred.