The Director of Facilities Management (DFM) will be responsible for the overseeing the maintenance & repair of NYCEDC managed properties.
The DFM will work in NYCEDC’s Asset Management Division Operations Section, which manages a variety of commercial properties for the City of New York. These properties require constant repair & maintenance. The DFM will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible managing the maintenance and repair of all facilities assigned.
• Oversee the maintenance of NYCEDC properties.
• Prepare reports for, and make presentations to NYCEDC Presidents Office, City Hall, City Commissioners, elected officials and other executive level forums as required.
• Develop standard operating procedures, inspections checklists and operational standards as required
• Oversee the work order system.
• Oversee and assist in the preparation of the expense budget for assigned properties.
• Supervise property managers/ superintendents assigned.
• Be responsive to portfolio managers and tenant needs.
• Supervise the performance of maintenance contractors, repair contractors and vendors.
• Manage the preventive maintenance program.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilities management.
• Demonstrated performance in facilities management with experience in the maintenance of buildings systems to include HVAC, Life Safety Systems, Vertical Transportation, Fuel Storage, Plumbing, Electrical systems, roofing systems, and other systems as required.
• Experience with NYC violations avoidance desired
• Demonstrated performance in managing facilities budgets and expense tracking
• Familiarity with buildings management software i.e. PMweb, MRI, etc.
• Ability to supervise other managers
• Ability to prioritize among competing needs and opportunities and manage multiple projects at the same time;
• Proactive and collaborative working style;
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills;
• Familiarity with the construction drawings and terminology desired;
• Excellent MS Office skills.
About Asset Management:
The Asset Management division is responsible for the management of NYCEDC's real estate portfolio. The department is responsible for maximizing the performance and value of the company’s portfolio of real estate assets, developing and implementing strategies that provide improve cash flow, strengthen interim and long-term value while supporting the Mayor’s goals of increasing the number, quality, and diversity of jobs available across the five boroughs.
NYCEDC's real estate portfolio is comprised of assets that generate over $100 million in revenue per year, which include over 150 properties totaling over 60 million square feet. These properties are located across all five boroughs and include waterfront, industrial, retail and wholesale markets as well as commercial uses.
New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer