NYCEDC is seeking a talented Web Developer to join our award-winning Marketing Department. We’re looking for someone with strong development skills who can provide creative and innovative solutions, website enhancements, and possess knowledge of the latest web standards. You’ll be working on multiple projects, helping us implement our visual ideas to HTML/CSS, updating our content management systems, optimizing server performance, and creating occasional email campaigns. We like individuals who are self-motivated and passionate about their work.
• Build, debug, and assist with development needs.
• Test and solve any cross-browser issues.
• Manage projects through design, development, QA, and production to ensure final products are implemented on time and as originally intended. Must be able to effectively communicate across teams and work on multiple projects at the same time.
• An online portfolio or samples of your work
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3+ years in related work experience
• An understanding of web development standards and the latest development technologies
• Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines
• Experience with the LAMP stack and CMS systems like Drupal or Wordpress
• Version control (particularly Git)
• Experience with highly interactive web applications or mobile/responsive design
• Worked with APIs
• Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and vacation benefits
• Continued Learning – we offer tuition reimbursement and we’ll cover team members to attend conferences and workshops to continue learning their craft
• Company-paid 401(a) pension plan and 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan
• Discounted gym memberships and movie tickets
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a non-profit organization that functions as a city agency, reporting to the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding. The NYCEDC is charged with encouraging economic growth in New York City through a variety of means, including facilitating real estate development, improving infrastructure, attracting and retaining businesses, and conducting economic research and analysis. Additional information on NYCEDC can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.