This position is required RF Engineering & Network Performance group responsible for providing wireless service to areas in the Atlantic Region. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design , optimization, and overall performance of CDMA/EVDO and HSPA wireless networks. The selected candidate will work closely with various teams within Wireless Network Operations at Bell Mobility.
• Identify and evaluate areas of the network not meeting performance criteria.
• Plan, design, and implement interim and long term solutions to improve customer experience immediately while driving the completion of the final requirements.
• Evaluate areas for new site locations and work with other departments to facilitate the site acquisition while adhering to design requirements.
• Design new sites using simulated coverage analysis based on radio propagation software.
• Select appropriate antenna configurations for new sites and optimization projects (antenna type, elevation, orientation, and tilt)
• Design solutions to manage capacity growth (coverage and parameter analysis).
• Configure datafill & integrate new sites into the existing network
• Post process and analyze collected mobile communications drive data for the network.
• Maintain network database of site designs, configurations, and performance issues for your area of responsibility.
• Produce and present technical documentation.
• Communicate plans for your area to various members of the engineering and operations team and engage team members to deliver solutions for our customers.
• Identify and make recommendations on productivity improvement opportunities within Wireless Engineering and Operations
• A degree in Electrical Engineering preferably specializing in Telecommunications or equivalent working experience
• Minimum of 2-5 years experience in radio communication or wireless systems preferably with HSPA network technologies
• Recent Graduates (within 2 yrs from graduation) with a degree in Electrical Engineering preferably specializing in Telecommunications are also encouraged to APPLY!
• Experience with coverage prediction and mapping tools (MapInfo, Planet, etc)
• Proficient computer skills and related office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Programming skills and MS Access knowledge is a plus.
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills .
• Capacity and confidence to make decisions and assume responsibility over projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good presentations skills (creation and delivery).
• Creative, innovative, and open minded to new techniques and technologies.
• Attitude focused on team success and improving the customer experience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to deliver the best networks for our customers.