At Kruger Products L.P., we do more than manufacture and distribute paper towels and tissue products. We’re a place where people come together to grow, innovate and make meaningful decisions for the Company, as well as for their professional and personal development. A subsidiary of Kruger Inc., Kruger Products L.P. is Canada’s leading manufacturer of quality tissue products for household, industrial and commercial use. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, the Company serves the Canadian consumer market with leading brands such as Cashmere®, Purex®, SpongeTowels®, Scotties®’ and White Swan®. The Company has 2,500 employees and operates four FSC® CoC‐certified mills in Canada and one in the US.
Our parent company, Kruger Inc., is a Canadian-based manufacturing company involved in a diversity of industry sectors including renewable energy, tissue products, publication papers, forest products, paperboard and packaging, wines and spirits, and recycling.
To successfully manage all areas of the assigned Consumer Sales accounts as it relates to maximizing Kruger Products position within the accounts and assist the National Business Development Manager for Loblaw Companies Limited in special projects and analysis.
This Customer Manager position reports directly to a National Business Development Manager in Ontario.
- Crafting annual business plans for their group of accounts with extensive detail on volume and financial projections.
- Monthly and quarterly targets must be measured and maintained throughout the year.
- Responsible to work with the customers to develop and implement recovery plans should shortfalls versus targets exist.
- Negotiate and communicate all new listings, including regular and promotional costing for all of Kruger Products LP’s product categories with their customer base.
- Implement national marketing and sales strategies. These strategies include, but are not limited to, trade marketing programs, brand specific programs, customer promotions, and new product launches.
- Develop and execute category management initiatives to identify and capitalize on volume growth opportunities and/or opportunities to improve profitability through product mix.
- Reinforce KPLP’s position as category leader within the assigned account base. Initiatives may include fair share of shelf space, fair share of ad activity, and listing base voids.
- Responsible for managing overall profitability and Direct Contribution (DC) targets for the assigned accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate net invoicing and SAP/Business Warehouse financials are maintained.
- Ensure accounts receivable and forecast variances are within acceptable levels.
- Be aware of all marketing initiatives and communicate them in a timely manner to the customer.
- Keep abreast of the competitive activity within the various markets.
- Secure new distribution and open new accounts when strategically appropriate to do so.
- Assist with special projects and LCL initiatives as directed by the National Business Development Manager.
- Post-secondary degree from either a University or College – Business & Marketing preferred.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience with a CPG background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Aptitude for negotiations, presentations and all customer activities.
- Strong understanding of Category Management and the Nielsen software.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Kruger Products is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger Products but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.