JOB TITLE: Wireless Protocol Systems and SW Engineer
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Clearance Requirement: No or Yes (US Citizenship is a prerequisite)
Relocation Assistance: No or Yes
Number of Openings: 1
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in government telecommunications and network integration, is seeking a Wireless Protocol Systems & Software Engineer for our Florham Park, NJ location.
Be a part of our team! LGS Innovations delivers next generation solutions that solve the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial enterprises. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including 22 days of vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Functional and Performance Analysis & Synthesis of Advanced Wireless Protocols
- Conduct requirements analysis, Architecture for and Optimization of Real Time Implementations thereof on real time distributed, asynchronous systems
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (US citizenship is a prerequisite)
- 2-4 years related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Understanding of ALL layers of the protocol stack.
- Ability to create complex applications associated with advanced wireless networking protocols on distributed real-time systems
- Knowledgeable of Wireless Protocols, Optimizations and Implementations for 3G, MANETs, 4G Access Technologies and Protocol Implementations
- Creative and Innovative in the areas of synthesis of advanced protocols and analysis of protocol vulnerabilities
- Experience or knowledge of protocol performance / trends / trades via calculation, simulation models, and analytical models
- Ability to rapidly prototype protocols and systems of systems
- Knowledge of or experience in Object oriented architecture, programming and programming methods
- Knowledgeable of HOL: such as C, C++ and associated development frameworks
- Understanding and experience with software models for software complexity and development effort, and efficient implementation methods
- Familiar with application of configuration management systems, and semi-automated documentation methods
- Understanding of performance considerations during design, throughput and latency optimization techniques, O/S internals and real time implications
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
LGS Innovations is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.