Gensler is a global design firm, with 46 offices and 4,000 employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 22 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler San Francisco is seeking a Senior Project Manager with strong hospitality experience to focus on building the hospitality practice area. As a member of the Lifestyle Studio at Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Design or Architecture
- 10+ years of related experience including recent comprehensive experience on hospitality projects
- Ability to manage teams in all phases of hospitality architectural projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project design, project objectives and project requirements
- Oversee project teams with respect to design, project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
- Manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers, job captains and graphic designers
- Oversee the financial performance of project
- Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- Must have knowledge of current trends, clients and hospitality market brands
- Capable of leveraging existing relationships for business development and establishing new connections
- Strong hotel planning and programming skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Proven track record working with Hospitality clients, including Brand management, A&C teams and developers
- Strong understanding of, and ability to oversee, architectural and interior design package deliverables consistent with industry standards
- Work to build the architectural Hospitality Practice, both in terms of business development and architectural design and team oversight
- Oversee multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination
- Manage existing client relationships and build new relationships
- Ability to oversee innovative design strategies on multiple projects working with both architectural and interior design teams
- Oversee creative teams (2d, 3d and digital media) in the development of unique brand concepts
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in a highly-entrepreneurial environment with an industry leader.
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples online.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance