2013 Analyst Program - IT Chicago
|Location:||Chicago||Employment duration:||Fixed Term Contract|
Trainee, 2013 Analyst Program – IT
Newedge is a leading force in global multi-asset brokerage with a world-leading position in the execution and clearing of listed derivative products. Newedge offers access to more than 85 markets and has a presence in 23 locations across 16 countries.
Newedge offers a full range of execution and clearing services covering options and futures contracts for financial products and commodities, as well as for money market instruments, bonds, FX, equities and commodities on OTC markets. Newedge also provides a range of value added services including prime brokerage, asset financing, electronic trading and order routing, cross margining, and the centralized reporting of client portfolios.
Supported by two top tier rated shareholders, Société Générale and Crédit Agricole CIB, Newedge is independently run and regulated.
Newedge is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Newedge, visit www.newedge.com.
IT is one of Newedge’s key Support functions, and participates independently in the program with Trainees in IT remaining within IT for the duration of their program.
· 12 month program with two rotations; each trainee will be assigned two rotation positions during the year within two IT groups.
· Three week training and induction program from mid-August prior to starting in the business. Ongoing training and networking sessions throughout the program.
· Each trainee will be assigned a senior mentor to provide professional insight, feedback and guidance throughout the program.
· Assessment and performance monitoring will be ongoing, final performance appraisal and permanent position matching will take place at the end of the program. Successful participants will be offered permanent placement as an Analyst, starting August 2013.
IT is the backbone of Newedge. The department stays at the leading edge of financial services and takes an innovative approach to technology. The global IT team is collectively focused on operating in a service-oriented culture – one that aligns with the business to better support the business. Newedge IT is committed to leveraging the talents within the organization to deliver creative, reliable, scalable and efficient solutions focused on meeting business needs. Newedge IT is organized into four global groups: Sales IT and CSTP (Clearing Straight Through Processing), IT Infrastructure, Corporate Services & Data, and IT Administration and Virtual CIO.
Working across a range of teams, graduates will be expected to perform the following or similar tasks, exact responsibilities will vary with each rotation/group:
· Maintain expert level knowledge of technologies, issues and methodologies.
· Learn the skills required to develop and maintain strong service-oriented relationships with a wide range of internal clients including Newedge’s four Business Lines and key support functions.
· Learn specific technical skills necessary to develop, maintain or analyze the various platforms and applications that serve Newedge internal brokers and external clients.
· Collect, analyze and report on industry information and communicate this as appropriate across the business.
· Collaborate on designing and developing innovative solutions and strategies for Newedge’s IT group.
The individual should be self-motivated and adopt a responsible approach to all deliverables; ensuring work is prioritised appropriately and produced in an accurate and timely manner. Effective communication skills are essential. The individual should be a team player, with a flexible approach to assisting with the department’s workload. Experience that demonstrates the above competencies will be essential.
· Commercial Awareness
· Planning and organising
· Problem solving, analysis
· Decision making
· Team work
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results
Want to refer someone?
If you'd like to refer someone for this position simply Click Here